"Save As" Dashboard Functionality for End Users

Related products: CS Reports & Dashboards

Posting on behalf of our VP CS. Use case: she wants to report on the entire dashboard for a particular segment and include it in a periodically shared slide deck, and then do the same with other segments. This currently requires changing filters, screenshotting, changing again, etc. She is looking for something quicker that does not require so many filter changes, especially when starting to think about combos of filters. 

The obvious solution here is dedicated dashboards for each of these use cases. However, this creates a scalability and maintenance issue long-term, for example when adding a new report or filter or making any sort of major dashboard update. It can also cause problems once considering sticky filters across dashboards. 

That said, I also see a “save as” function resulting in a similar problem. Aside from enablement, what are some best practices on mitigating the clicks required to achieve this sort of use case?

You mean something akin to Cockpit views where you can save multiple custom-filtered versions of the same dashboard? Interesting concept. Does any reporting tool have a function like that?

@darkknight yeah, good comparison. Something like that. With as little pain as possible for admins. I know even GS Home personalization is risky but I also understand the use case from the business perspective here. 

SFDC allows it but it causes chaos. 

Can we please convert this to an idea? I feel like this would be a popular ask.