Allow Creation of Native Fields in Gainsight

Related products: None

I'm not sure on the feasibility, but it would be nice to have the ability to create Gainsight-specific fields. That way, we can create fields to accomplish CSM goals without having to first create a field in SFDC. Having the extra step of getting a field approved to be added in SFDC becomes time consuming. It would be great to be able to cut out the SFDC middleman and just have fields created for use just in Gainsight. 
YES!  This would be especially great for us since our organization limits the number of SF Admins, so I have to go to separate team to get a field created.  Would be great to just be able to create one myself!
We have the same problem, which can be aggravating because our SF Admins are starting to lock down our SF, so getting fields added requires some explanation. Even creating a custom object to store Gainsight fields would require us to go to a committee for approval, so the ability to just bypass our SF team would make life a lot easier.
Kaycee and Heather-  totally understand the request (although as an ex-SFDC admin, I'm sympathetic to their plight as well!).

Basically, a field for storing data in Gainsight can live in 1 of 2 places: Salesforce objects, or custom objects in your tenant in the Gainsight MDA (data stack).  There will never be a way to create fields in Salesforce objects, whether Gainsight's objects or native Salesforce objects, without SFDC Admin access and permissions, so that's out.

The MDA, however, is a different story, particularly after today's release of V4.36.  The Gainsight Data Management button on the Administration page now allows a Gainsight administrator to create custom object and fields that can be accessed through Reports 2.0, the Rules Engine, and on the C360.  

It means you are storing data outside of your Salesforce org - if you're not already using the MDA for usage data, you'll have to check on security rules at your organization - but the MDA does allow for quite a bit of flexibility.  Give this information a once-over:

https://support.gainsight.com/hc/en-us/articles/215520168

NOTE:  This is still considered in Beta (hence the notation on the button), but we're in the 2nd generation now, and I believe a lot of our customers will be excited by the control and flexibility it offers.

Hope that helps!
Thanks for the feedback Scott. Currently, only adding / editing of Objects and fields are allowed, not delete. So be bit careful in adding the fields. We would provide the deletion functionality for sure soon.

Here is some related info on deletion:

Deletion of object / fields in Data Management application

Currently, the option to delete the object / fields are not provided. 

Once the custom objects are created and then referenced in a different part of the application, we wish to restrict the Gainsight Administrators from accidentally modifying or deleting the custom objects as part of the object dependency tracking feature.

Currently only Reporting and Rules are being tracked. Work is under progress to cover other application viz Relations, Copilot, S3, Data Integration projects etc. Once these areas are covered, we would enable the option to delete the objects and fields.

Deletion of data of a object via S3 connector

Data deletion is not allowed via S3 connector. For deletion of data, you need to use the "Delete using data filter" and "Delete all" functionality in Data Management.