Question

Report on % of Book of Business month over month

• 11 February 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
We are looking to track a few new metrics for our CSMs that are measured as a % of their total book of business. We also want to be able to compare these percentages month over month. One example is % of BOB with a certain type of Timeline Activity in the last 30 days.

I know I can get to this % by creating an MDA object that contains one line item for each account (whether they have a timeline entry or not), filtering to the last 30 days and get the %. What I can't wrap my head around is how to show this on an ongoing basis, not just what that % is today. Thoughts? Ideas?

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Perhaps consider setting up a scorecard measure and then leveraging the Account Scorecard History to derive your trends based on a numerical score scale? You can roll that history up rather nicely. Hope this helps or at the very least triggers some ideas :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Katie,

A solution that might help here is to create a custom field on your Customer object that will be used to indicate if that activity type exists in the past 30 days. Then create a rule that runs daily that looks at the newest date of the Timeline activity type you're solving for and if that date is more than 30 days, it writes a "N" to that field, but if the date is 30 days or less, it writes a "Y" to that field.

Then in your report, you can aggregate by that field and you'll get a percentage by CSM of their book of business by "N" and "Y" types.

Additionally, you can use our new Report Alias feature to rename that boolean field to something more easily understood by your CSMs: https://support.gainsight.com/Reports_and_Dashboards/Admin_Guides/Aliases_in_Reports