Solved

Dynamically Populate Available Survey Answer options based on Contact

• 11 February 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +3
I have a situation where a customer is looking to create a survey in which the user provided a single answer, but the answers need to change based on the contact. In this situation the example would be:

Question: Select one option which is currently your default Option?

Contact 1 - (Option 1, Option 2, Option 4)

Contact 2 - (Option 17, Option 22)

Contact 3 - (Option 1, Option 44, Option 47, Option 50)

The need is to only show Contact 1 the options they have, contact 2 what they have and contact 3 what they should have rather than putting say 50 answer choices on there for the contact to search through.

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by dan_ahrens 11 February 2019, 19:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Jeff, have you looked at the Display Logic features that allow you to dynamically control which questions appear based on criteria associated with that contact's record or company record info?

https://support.gainsight.com/Surveys/Surveys_2.0/Survey_2.0_Design#Display_Logic

Badge +3
Hi Dan,

Thanks for the information on display logic. That is definitely a nice option to have, however would that allow me to scale for say hundreds of contacts with multiple answer options or would each answer combination have to be its own question with its own rule? If that is the case it wouldn't be scalable for the many options that are available.

In short, trying to confirm there is not an out of the box solution to the situation a customer brought up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
If I understand your question correctly, the display logic would give you the flexibility to dynamically set the options that appear for the customer, but keep in mind that the configuration logic will grow as the number of options grows. So if you have a LOT of options, then you will need a LOT of configuration logic to accomodate the various combinations.

It also might make sense to segment the survey by product type, region, or other macro level segment to reduce the question level complexity. Happy to connect with you offline to explore the use case a bit more fully.