Solved

Copilot: Identifying CTAs with No Contacts

• 26 September 2017
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
We've recently created a survey (outside GS) that we're sending to contacts associated with the CTA.  Unfortunately, since it's a new process, our CSMs aren't so good at adding the contacts.  We were attempting to create a reminder email through copilot to send to the CSM when they closed the CTA but forgot to add the contact.  In talking with Support, there's not a good way to identify CTAs WITHOUT the contact.

Has anyone done anything similar and figured out a good method?

Ideally, I'd like to be able to select CNULL in some shape or form, but that's not possible today.
icon

Best answer by dan_ahrens 26 September 2017, 17:01

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Heather, I'm wondering if you might be able to leverage CTA Linked Objects to help here. With CTA Linked objects you can make certain fields mandatory before the CTA can be closed.

But....even though you can link a contact record, you can't make that mandatory, so here's my idea - add a field to the CTA object that is simply a boolean that says "Contact Linked?" and have it set to null by default. Make this field mandatory, which will be a reminder for the CSM to make sure the contact is linked. For them to close the CTA they will have to edit that field and check the box, indicating that they linked the contact. 

It's not perfect, but will help provide reminders "in the moment" and help ensure contact data is tagged appropriately before closing the CTA.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Thanks, Dan!  I hadn't thought about the Linked Objects option.  I don't think we'll be able to make it mandatory though because there are certain cases where we don't want to send the survey.  I appreciate the suggestion!
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Heather. Another possibility would be to make the mandatory field a pulldown with 3 options:

Did you link the contact required for sending the survey?

- No

- Yes

- Survey not required

This way you'd have the benefits of the mandatory field to enforce someone to make a conscious decision. It will also help you with reporting purposes, as you'd have a positive confirmation that the CSM felt the survey was not required. 

Just a thought. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
So, following up on this, I really need the ability to build a report to show CTAs that were closed with no contact associated, and there really doesn't seem to be a good way to do this without having to do some additional workarounds in SF.  (Since I'm not an admin, that makes the process much more complicated for me.)  So, same problem.  If there's not a contact added, there's not an Associated Record.  In an ideal world, I would just be able to pull the Contact field into a report with the CTA data so that I could easily filter to the ones without that meet my criteria.