Allow admins to specify ranges for green, yellow and red for different measures and not single range configuration for all measures in numeric grading scheme

Related products: None

We use various measures in the scorecard which depending upon the score should be green, yellow or red. Also, we want to display the actual score. So, we decided to adopt the numeric grading scheme. The drawback of numeric grading scheme is that it allows the ranges for colors for all measures and does not allow to configure different ranges for different measures

@sarthaksubudhi Thanks for raising this! We had uniform grading so as to make it easy for the end users to make sense of the colours. You can always scale the scores for each measure in such a way that you get the desired final score to fall within the same range.

@shantan_reddy @meenal_shukla We want to show the actual scores instead of scores in a scale. So, when there are actual scores involved, there should be an option to configure different ranges and corresponding colors for those ranges. 

I understand the reason for scale to calculate weighted average. However, I should get an option to configure the scale to be used in the backend while having an option to configure actual scores and ranges for the front end.

To avoid confusion, I can always add in the score measure description, what are the ranges for green, yellow and red.

@sarthaksubudhi : Can you explain the use case when different ranges for red, yellow and green for different measures will make sense?

@meenal_shukla Sure. Currently, we have three measures: Upfront Booking Behaviour, Contract Coverage Rate and PS Attach Rate and use the color scheme. In the rules engine for setting the score for the 3 measures, I have configured which ranges will be green, yellow and red in each score:

1. Upfront Booking Behaviour: (Upfront Bookings in Last 4 Qtrs/Upfront Booking Lifetime Average)*100. Here, if >=75% then Green,  if <75% and >=50% then Yellow and <=50% then red.
  2. Contract Coverage Rate: (Active Assets/Total Assets)*100. Here, if >=75% then Green, if <75% and >=33% then Yellow and <=33% then red.
  3. PS Attach Rate: (Professional Services SKUs booked in Last 12 Month/Total Upfront Bookings in Last 12 Months)*100. Here, if >=8%, then Green, if <8% and >=4% then Yellow and <4% then red.

As you can observe above all the 3 scores have different ranges for green, yellow and red and it is easy configure different ranges in color scheme. However, in numeric scheme to which we want to switch, only colors can be assigned to ranges which will apply to all measures. So, if I configure green for scores greater than 75%, than PS Attach Rate measure scores greater 8% will still be red which is not accurate.