MDA Email field case sensitivity

Related products: None

I am working with a customer that is pushing SFDC contacts out into the MDA. Natively in SFDC, when a new contact is added to the database, SFDC will convert the email to all lowercase. (i.e. STEVE@GAINSIGHT.COM -> steve@gainsight.com).  

For this particular use case, we need to do an update operation into an MDA table pre-loaded with email addresses. We are trying to match them with records existing in SFDC and pull the "Contact ID" field to update the table in the MDA.

The issue? Our MDA email field doesn't convert the text to lowercase, therefore we can't reliably use the "email" field as an identifier because quite a few records get skipped because we classify it as "not meeting the identifier criteria". 

Because SFDC behaves this way, is it possible for us to create an "SFDC email" field type in the MDA that will convert this text to all lowercase?  
With Gainsight being built on Force.com platform and being as dependent on SFDC as it is, there are fields such as email that can be synced to SFDC or need to be used for mapping Gainsight should default to the way SFDC uses the field. 
We are having difficulties with this, as well. Any option to 'ignore' the case sensitivity when matching or counting email values in a rule would be greatly appreciated.
Ashok, I've assigned this to you for visibility.