Narrow down list of potential source objects in Report Builder

Related products: CS Reports & Dashboards

Currently, when trying to narrow down which source object a report uses, the filter shows every single Data Space, SFDC, and MDA object, regardless of whether or not any reports are built off those objects or not. I would think it'd make much more sense to only show objects that have at least one report built using that object, so instead of seeing 200 objects, I'd just see the ~10 or so that I use to source reports.

Hmmm. It sounds like there would be zero objects shown the first time you create a report then? A bit of a catch-22. 😉 I use reports regularly to vet the data from new data spaces, so I need those to be listed options. Typing part of the name of the object at the top of the drop-down seems to narrow things quickly enough.

In the spirit of your idea, maybe they could have a section of "most used" or "recently used" objects at the top of the list?

Hi Andy, let me clarify. I'm talking about the filter in the Report Builder layout, not the source object selection in the Report Builder interface itself.