CSM Scorecard

Related products: None

We’ve been discussing the best options for evaluating/tracking our CSMs on their individual performance metrics. Someone on our leadership team commented that it would be great to have a CSM scorecard based on their metrics just like we do for our customers - I agree! Is this something Gainsight has considered?

We know we can build out dashboards, but then have to build out history tracking, etc. and the UI just isn’t as streamlined as the scorecard view. We’ve also toyed with the idea of adding our CSMs as a separate relationship type on our test account, but with 250ish CSMs, that is a huge undertaking as well. Other thoughts/work-arounds other teams are using to streamline CSM metric tracking?

@katie_b Thank you for sharing your request here. I will get back to you on this.

@katie_b We have considered CSM productivity tracking as part of manager/exec value, but did not go so far as scorecards for CSMs. We can consider this for our long-term roadmap.

May I know what kind of metrics you are interested in tracking? We might be able to accommodate this in some other way.

@venky_reddy_k @rakesh FYI - potential exec value use-cases.

Interesting use case! Just taking the product at face-value today (i.e. not considering future development that @shantan_reddy is alluding to), I think your best bet would be relationships, except the challenge there is that relationships are typically associated to a company, so I don’t know how you reconcile that piece of it if your CSMs are relationship records. For example, if your CSMs frequently re-align customers, it could get messy quickly.

@shantan_reddy A few of our key metrics we’re tracking for our CSMs via dashboards now: % of relationships with Strategic Engagements (type of timeline activity) QTD/YTD, % of relationships with active outcome success plans, % of relationships with 1+ verified outcome in the last 12 months, % of relationships with a people map built out (this one won’t be a long term metric, but important as we roll out this feature), average days to deliver YTD, number of sales recommendations created YTD, number of qualified recommendations QTD, and % of solutions with reference customers.

Got it. Thanks Katie!