[Cockpit - Admin Custom Views] Allow Additional Control Over Custom CTA Views.

Related products: None

Post on behalf of a customer.

It is found that after a Admin Custom CTA List View is made. If a user were to add a column for example. Any further changes by the Admin to the Custom CTA layout isn’t pushed to the view.

In addition, when the user modifies the view, a separate view isn’t created or auto-copied from the admin view.

It be nice to have additional controls, such as:

• Being able to lock added fields from being modified.
  • Push recent Admin changes to Views not modified by End Users.
  • Push recent Admin changes and override all or x user’s views.
  • Reset Views for x Users.

+1 This is important for adoption. I have adjusted our Admin Custom CTA Views as the team has learned what is and isn’t important in the cockpit, and End Users have begun to customize their views as well. 

A base View with Admin locked fields that allows for End User customization would dynamically provide the base requirements for views and still allow End Users could build on to suit their individual needs. 

The inability to keep the admin-pushed views consistent is pretty big.  Will make support and troubleshooting very difficult.

We also had the request from a user to allow users that ability “reset” admin-pushed views to their original configuration, as well.

So...just like end user state preservation on report customizations on dashboards...this is going to be a hassle. Adding to what @darkknight mentioned, allowing the admin to override personal settings when making updates (to both reports on dashboards and to list views) would be great. @sai_ram let me know if I should make a separate Idea for the reports/dashboards part of this. 

@ashleyyoung your team will be greatly affected by this. 

@gunjanm please go a head and trigger a separate idea for reports/dashboards.

Hello everyone, the points raised are valid and will be possibly addressed in the admin revamp planned in the medium term roadmap (Q3, Q4).