Solved

Additional configuration options for Advanced Outreaches

• 2 March 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge
I got all excited when I heard we now had the option to trigger an Escalation CTA from an Advanced Outreach, rather than just an Escalation Email (because one of the main points of implementing Gainsight was to cut down on all the emails we sent CSMs).  Alas, that is apparently only an option with Email Chain model outreaches. (Sad Trombone)

1. Is it on the roadmap to add that option to the other outreach models? 

2. Or is the plan that you'll continue to add customization features to the Email Chain model, and eventually negate the need for the other "pre-defined" outreach models? 

3. So then should I just go ahead and try to replicate my existing "Customer Satisfaction Survey" model outreaches in the Email Chain model?
icon

Best answer by abhishek_sivaraman 5 March 2018, 16:51

View original

5 replies

Badge +3
Oh no! Not the Sad Trombone!   Short answer is Yes, absolutely this will be added to the other models.  The timing has been set to align to the release of the new Survey module -- which we had thought might come out this month but is a bit delayed.  One thing about the new Survey module is that we won't be taking forward the special "create CTA based on response" bit of the current survey stuff and instead will make the followups all explicit in the AO definition.  In other words we NEED the create CTA stuff to work in the survey models in order for our new Surveys to have this functionality. 
Badge
whew!  Thanks Karl.  I was really hoping that was the answer. 

The one thing I like about the CTAs integrated into the Surveys is that they fire immediately, rather than waiting for a daily rule to run.  So that kind of responsiveness would be possible with the CTAs triggered in the AOs?
Badge +3
Yes -- immediate response will be possible. 
Badge
One more question related to this.... If I have an existing Satisfaction Model AO that contains an escalation email, will I be able to edit that to change the escalation email to an escalation CTA?  Or will I have to stop the existing outreach, clone it, edit it, and activate the new one?  (As well as add some kind of filter so that the new outreach excludes any recent participants of the existing outreach?)
Hi Leanne,

Unfortunately, cloning might be the only way forward for this scenario . Changing or replacing steps in the middle of the advanced outreach execution leads to complication in analytics and execution. So, we have not planned for this yet. But understand the pain point of having to clone it for achieving this use case.

Thanks

Abhishek S