Solved

Difficulties in creating reports

Hi All,

I Am new at Gainsight and I am finding difficulty in creating reports and don’t know on which object should I work on to get these.

Reports I want to create is:

Current Quarter : 

1 . HVA count by CSM

2 . EBR count by CSM

3 . Renewal Percentage by CSM based on RCV

Please give an idea how can I implement these.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by bradley 13 July 2021, 20:26

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@Nitesh could you please add the use-case for better understanding. I am not very much good at abbreviations(HVA).

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi All,

I Am new at Gainsight and I am finding difficulty in creating reports and don’t know on which object should I work on to get these.

Reports I want to create is:

Current Quarter : 

1 . HVA count by CSM

2 . EBR count by CSM

3 . Renewal Percentage by CSM based on RCV

Please give an idea how can I implement these.

Thanks

Most of this depends on how you track it, which we won’t really know.

Do you use NXT or SFDC edition? Is this data native to Gainsight or are you referencing it via Gainsight from an External source?

If EBR = Executive Business Review, then you would likely have these as timeline entries, so you’d want to reference the Timeline Activity object. If your CSMs are creating those entries you can group by the activity creator (not the exact field name).

If RCV = Recurring Contract Value, this would possibly be opportunities? Could also be a custom object in Salesforce.

Like @sai_ram said, not sure what HVA is so can’t help with that.

Main thing is you’ll need to spend some time looking at your data first and see how Gainsight relates to your other systems.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Nitesh 

As Bradley rightly pointed out, you need to first understand how the process is implemented in your tenant. Understand your data and fields. Once you understand that, reporting will become easy. 

We do have an Object Glossary that can provide you information about most important Gainsight objects and fields. Hope this helps.