Link Text in Report Builder

Related products: None

It would be really helpful to have Link Text as a field available in the Email Raw Details. I do analysis to see what clients react to within the email and sometimes the URL displayed isn't obviously distinctive.

Thanks!
Thanks Elizabeth for this idea. We already have a requirement of showing URLs as links as part of reports, in our roadmap. I will let you know once it is implemented. Thanks again !
Thanks, Surdashan - What I'm looking for is a little different to what I hear you describing. Some of our emails contain multiple links. The URLs aren't descriptive so when I do analysis, I have to click on the link to see where it takes me. I would love to have the text entered in the 'Link Text' field part of adding the link to the email. That is usually descriptive of where the link leads. That would save me a lot of time on the back end.

Does that make sense?

Aah, got it Elizabeth ! What you would need is s hyperlink option where you can link text to URLs. This, I will need to add to the roadmap. Let me have a talk with my team, discuss the intricacies and I will let you know the details of when it can be done. Thanks for your explanation !
Hi Sunmdrashan - I think you're referring to making text in the report clickable. That's not what I'm looking for. The request I'm making is specific to the email reports: Log and Raw Events. There is a field I can pull into the report that gives me the URL clicked in the email, but it would also be really helpful to see the text in the email that the user clicks.

So for example (in HTML), <A href="https://www.msn.com&quot;https://www.msn.com) can be added to the report so I can see what has been clicked. What I really need is the text of the link (Visit MSN) because many of those URLs are just a series of letters and numbers and it's hard to tell what's been clicked until I manually go through and parse it out in Excel.

Does that make more sense? I've attached a picture of how it's captured in the CoPilot editor.

Elizabeth

Hey Elizabeth, Thanks for your detailed explanation. Its a testament to the fact that you know the ins and outs of Gainsight's features which is a good sign for us 🙂.

The enhancement you ask for is not the most straightforward right now. For example, if in the "Link" section, you would introduce an "add token" the actual link clicked by each user would be different, thereby making the "Text" alias obsolete. I will try and think if there are workarounds and will keep you in loop if we hit on a possible solution.

Please keep the ideas coming !
Thanks for the explanation. I just want to clarify, even if the link used a token to make it unique, wouldn't the link text still be the same?

Elizabeth

Unfortunately, the linked text looks at exact link and does not support token well. Let me discuss with the team and get back regarding the feasibility of supporting it! Thanks.
Sudarshan, I think the intent/desire is for the Link Text to be identical & reportable, even if the link itself is tokenized. This would make it very easy in an Email Logs report to search Outreaches that used a particular link, and understand the purpose for clicking the link, even if the specific URL contained a token.

For example, let's say I want to search for an email that contained a link to facebook.com. The link text is "Like us on Facebook" and maybe the URLs for 8 emails look like:

www.facebook.com/aa

www.facebook.com/ab

www.facebook.com/ac

www.facebook.com/ad

www.facebook.com/ae

www.facebook.com/af

www.facebook.com/ag

www.facebook.com/ah

The simplify reporting, I would want to be able to search for Link Text = "Like us on Facebook" instead of searching for the specific URL.

Elizabeth, am I understanding correctly?
You've got it - Thanks!
Thanks Will!