Dialog hold for guide engagements

Related products: PX Engagements

Hello,

I would like to submit an enhancement idea regarding dialogs that are within guide engagements. Currently standalone dialogs have the ability to appear after a delay, but the same functionality does not exist for dialogs in a guide.

If possible, it would be great to see that option ported over to dialog steps within guides so, for example, that we can prevent dialogs from appearing before a new page loads on an application.

Thank you!

@Jordanc Thanks for submitting your idea here. I am redirecting this to the product team for more visibility. 

Thanks for explaining the use case.. slower page loads are not usually an issue for Single Page Applications but I can see the use case for MPA that may have slower loading times.

We can certainly take this idea into consideration as it would help the end-user experience for sure to see the page before the dialog opens.

3 other reasons for having the option to delay an engagement:

My teams have a desire to delay the guide engagement on the page because they wish to ask the user for the feedback on their use of the page. 

Being able to delay an engagement for some time would also allow for a “I see you have stopped, could we be of help?” type message. This would allow us to catch users who might be struggling with a page. 

On sensitive pages of a product I could also imaging putting up an engagement to cover the content if the user has been inactive for some time. Allowing a product to help protect the user from beginning to enter sensitive information then walk away from the computer.