Churn status on Relationships?

Related products: None

How do most companies mark churned Relationships?  We've been told there's no way to automate removing a Relationship, so when one churns, what do you do?  Do you manually delete all these?  I'm not sure I want to delete the whole record, and I can probably pull a Status of churned from the Salesforce record, but I'd want to also hide or somehow mark the Relationship card as churned as well, so CSMs know they don't need to look at it.  We hide the churned Relationships from the CSMs view in SF, but the records are still there for reporting.  
Hi Leanne! We have our CSMs filter their view on the Customers tab to only show Active accounts. The churned accounts are still accessible by searching but hiding them from their view keeps the CSM from worrying about them. Hope that helps. 
We are marking churned accounts as such, and filtering those out, but what I'm after is Accounts that are still active, but have for example, one churned Relationship, with two remaining active Relationships.   I don't see a way to filter those out, as there's no "Status" field on the Relationships.
Hi Leanne,

There are a couple of problems that I see, and please correct me if I'm not capturing this correctly.

1. There is no Status field at the Relationship level. 

2. There is no way to prominently view and filter on this Status in the Relationship card view section on C360.
We are looking into providing such a field out-of-the-box, just like we do at the Customer level. For now, you'd have to manually create one from the admin interface (not ideal obviously), and then add that onto the Relationship card layout.

It's also not possible to filter the inactive/churned cards out. We are exploring how we can have more useful filters available in that section. In the interim, we could either toggle to the list view and then filter our inactive/churned Relationships; or create a new related list/report on Relationships, as a new section (comes with a filter icon on the top right).

Outside of 360, is there also a broader reporting related concern that you have?

Thanks,

Manu
Hi Manu,

Thanks for the reply.  I think you've got the essence of the problem. 

We do already have a Status field on our Salesforce "Solution" object that we're mapping to Relationships in Gainsight.  So the filtering of those Relationships is really the main thing I'm asking for.  We filter Churned relationships out of the CSMs' view in SF, but are currently manually deleting them out of Gainsight. I've set up an report in the Operations view that tells me which Relationships need to be deleted, but would like to automate hiding/deleting them if possible. 

I don't really have any reporting concerns, since I can report from the Salesforce object.
No reason why you should have to delete Relationships to remove from the CSMs' view in Gainsight. We'll work on improving the filtering capabilities available in the standard Relationships section. Thanks again for bringing this up!

One last question: Are you mapping this Status over into a Relationship attribute, or are you thinking about being able to directly filter on the fields available in the linked "Solution" object?
We're not currently mapping the status over to the Relationship, but I'm not opposed to doing so if we needed to. Filtering directly on the linked Solution object would work too, if that's feasible.
This is critical for us as well.  CSMs are pointing out that we still have scorecards visible for these relationships, even though they have churned.  We need to be able to filter them out of CS360 relationship care views natively.  I can exclude them from reports using filters but I am unable to affect that area which all users rely on.
Any update on this? We would want the ability to set relationships to Churn as well if we choose to leverage this feature. 
Our support rep told us it's on the roadmap.  I'm not sure what the ETA is though.
Any update on this for the roadmap? I am hesitant to add a custom field if this will be added in the near future. 
Target is to make this available within the next 3 to 6 months. 
I'm also excited to see this rolled out! 🙂
This is important for us. We are using Relationships and can't currently filter out churned solution lines from the card list.
We're 4 months into the 3-6 months... still on track for early Summer?
@sidhu Any updates on this request? We really NEED a standard status field for Relationships.

Hello Everyone!

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and included as part of the v6.16 release. With this release, users have the ability to filter the C360 Relationship section based on Relationship Status; Active, Inactive, or Churn. This makes it easier for CSMs and other Users to view Relationships relevant to them.   

This feature is only implemented in the NXT version.

Thanks for posting!