Automatically fire CTA Email based on expiration date.

Related products: None

This had gotten merged into another, more general, topic so I am reposting as standalone.

We are very excited about the ability to set up emails in CTAs that CSMs will be able to send on to their clients. We have had some internal debate about which emails should have that CSM intervention as we try to balance efficiency vs relationship insight. One idea we had was to have an option to automate the distribution of the email in the CTA unless the CSM intervenes within a certain period of time. So, the CTA would say 'This email will fire within ten days, unless the CSM takes action.' The CSM can either choose to customize and send or cancel distribution. That way, the customer receives consistent timely messaging without extra effort by the CSM unless the CSM knows of special circumstances requiring modification of the message.

I love the idea of allowing the CSM a finite period of time to intercept the message before it is sent automatically. Quite literally the best of both worlds.

One way to possibly do this would be to assign a specific Email Assist task to the CSM and then if the task is still open after 10 days (or whatever duration is appropriate) send a CoPilot email. The powerlist for the CoPilot email could do a verification to see if the Email Assist task is still open. If the Email Assist task is either complete (email sent) or closed by the CSM (email cancelled), then the CoPilot powerlist would not grab that contact.

The trick here would be to figure out the way to link the Email Assist task (which is at the account level) to the CoPilot outreach (which is at the Contact level). Perhaps some gurus with creative ideas can chime in. I think it might be possible to do this today...
Hi - I'm revisiting this. Is there a way to use CTA status and date opened into power list criteria?
Hi Elizabeth,

With the arrival of Advanced Outreaches, you can now create more complex participant lists and even use a Bionic Query (similar to a bionic rule) to accomplish this exact use case. See info here: https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/CoPilot_and_Automated_Email/Admin_Configuration/...
OK - I'm not quite following how this documents the exact use case. I'm drawing some assumptions that I would need to create an event around some sort of date associated with a CTA, but I'm not really clear on how to do that. The event documentation doesn't really provide the detail I would need to create my own syntax for the event structure. It may become more clear how I can get my contact list based on that event but right now, it's all bit cloudy. Can you provide more step-by-step instructions on these?
Glad to help out a bit more on this. :)

The old way to identify participants was to use a powerlist (or CSV, but let's focus on powerlists for now). The powerlist required you to report on a single object at a time and had limitations as to how complex your analysis could get.

With advanced outreaches, we still support powerlists, but now also support bionic queries, which are essentially the same as a bionic rule, but without a setup action step. More info on bionic rules and tasks here: Bionic Rules Learning Path

So in your case, you'd do a fetch task on the criteria that you would use to trigger the CTA to the CSMs for specific customers (similar to the powerlist that you have today). Then do a fetch task on the CTA task that you are triggering to the CSMs and filter for tasks that are still open. Finally merge those two data sets, right merge on the account IDs that still have the CTA task open. 

This would give you a filtered down list of customers that met the original criteria AND for which a CTA was triggered AND for which the CTA is still open. 
Hey Dan!  Do you mean to use the Contact record in the first fetch task so that we can pull in all recipient email/name/etc and then merge that with the accounts that have the CTA open?

"Customers" refers to Accounts many times so I wanted to confirm with you.  Thanks!
Yes, the CTAs would tell you the accounts, which is why you want to merge that against the correct contacts data extract which mirrors the criteria for the original outreach. 
Hi All,

We are working on triggering CTAs from Advanced Outreach and also, you will be able to use the status of this CTA to decide the next step of the outreach.

E.g. Advanced Outreach Step 1: Create a CTA(with email task) for all users with promoter NPS score

Step 2: Wait for 10 days

Step 3: If CTA status = open, then send automated email

Tentatively, this will be available in winter release.

Thanks,

Nitisha
I like the sound of this. Thanks for the update, Nitisha. I look forward to testing this.
Yes, this is a much more clear way of doing things - especially for Date-specific CTAs.  Thanks!