Editing Customer Info (Managed) Fields

Related products: None

In the attributes section on the C360 - I am unable to make customer info managed fields editable (such as ASV, Users, ARR, MRR, Orig Contract date etc.)

Is this by design? Can this be changed?

I know these fields are generally maintained by rules, but would be great in unique circumstances to allow a user to modify these fields.
These fields are not managed by Rules Engine.

You can make each of these field Editable or not by flipping the setting under Administration --> CS360 Sections --> Attributes. Click on the gear icon to see that setting.
Hey Sundar,

*Only meant that the majority of our customers manage these fields through rules.

Also, you cannot edit the fields mentioned above in any customer org, or trial I have access to. The editable field in attributes setup cannot be checked (small symbol appears showing it can't be checked)

Apologies - can't grab a screenshot with the mouse/icon intact.

Thanks,
In the attached screenshot, you'll notice that the system will not allow you to select the "Editable" checkbox.

I'll add that I already tested the same as well - and specifically made sure the permission set I have (even though I'm an admin) had 'edit' rights to the field.  Same result as in Dave's screenshot above.
Details I also got from Rajesh on the CustomerInfo object

https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/editing-customer-info-managed-fields
Looks like it's referencing a class in the code that makes it locked and unable to edit.  Same behavior experienced on MRR, ARR and other standard fields.

We did not want to let customers edit the following fields on Customer Info object (this is not the full list but just to give an idea) - 

1. Comments, Goals and Scorecard Comments: These fields are already editable from a different place in C360 and we did not want to let the users edit the same field from 2 different places. Users might believe these to be 2 different fields and hence have potential data loss.

2. Instance List: This field is managed by usage aggregation process and a manual edit can break other functionality. 

3. Current Score, Previous Score, Trend Indicator: Score changes has additional process like updating current score, previous score and trend indicator. Taking this complexity into the attribute edit section is unnecessary. 
Because of the above reasons, we did not want to expose these on the common attributes edit form. 

For now we restricted all the managed field. Within the next few releases, we will allow updating the following attributes: Stage, MRR, ARR, OneTime Revenue, Users, Original Contract Date and Next Renewal Date.

I am converting this to an idea, since this is an enhancement and this is already in our plan.
Hey all,

I see this post is marked as "Implemented" but I don't see that this is the case in a demo (v5.15.2) that I've been testing this in on behalf of a customer.

Are we still unable to make Managed fields editable in C360/CTA layouts?

Thanks,

-Tom