More conditions in Generic Survey program conditional waits

Related products: None

Email Chain programs have so much flexibility for conditional wait criteria, but Generic Survey programs hardly have any. We need to be able to reassess a program participant’s worthiness in a Generic Survey program just like we do with Email Chain programs, but we can’t.

Please make conditional waits on Generic Survey programs as rich as it is in Email Chain programs. 

Use Case:

We use Generic Survey programs to send renewal surveys for our tech touch segment. Before sending a reminder email to the customer, I want to reassess their worthiness by checking their contract end date to ensure it is in the future, as well as their opportunity stage to ensure their opportunity stage hasn’t changed (if they’ve already Closed Won, for example, I need to stop emailing them about completing the renewal survey). 

My workaround right now is just to create separate JO programs, but that is a crazy workaround that will have us stacking up our number of JO programs when we could just combine it into one if we had better abilities to reassess program participant worthiness for survey programs.

@sarahmiracle Thank you for sharing the use-case too. We will look into it and get back to you.

@sai_ram curious to see if there has been an update on this request?

@sarahmiracle I have the exact same scenario, where I have to split my renewal engagement into 2-3 programs, starting with the survey, and followed by conditional reminders in another program. It’s cumbersome to build, especially on the participant list front. I’d rather have the survey capability built into the email chain (as sometimes the survey is not the pillar of the engagement, but rather an optional item) than the survey programs continuing to be a separate breed of programs. 

@sai_ram Any updates here? 

Another potential solution would be for the Email Chain types to allow email templates with Surveys. Our CSMs gather responses manually as well and we would like to prevent excess emails from going out if the customer has responded to either.

Coming back to this as I’m hitting a wall with the limited conditions we can implement between the heads-up/outreach/reminder stages. @sai_ram Any updates?

Sai Ram has moved on and let me loop in @Sudipta Chowdhury, @ssamarth to this discussion. 

I want to share another use case:

Assessment sent to several people within a company and one person responds

Stop sending reminders to other recipients. 

Totally agree with this!! I am having this same issue with a cancellation sequence we’re sending out and the one condition in the first conditional wait isn’t enough!