Question

Global Dashboard Filters on Standard Objects

• 18 April 2017
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Will there be an enhancement to use a dashboard level filter across different reports that are all on MDA Standard object?

Example is two usage objects, both join to Company - shouldn't we be able to use one field on company object as a global filter across multiple reports?

6 replies

Joe, we are planning an enhancement to global dashboard filters in Summer' 17. The solution takes care of the use case you mentioned here.
Badge +1
I would agree that this is something important that needs to be addressed. The workaround is multiple dashboards with global filters based on the object and it is very confusing for our end users to know where to go to look at information. 
Badge +1
+1 This is a definite need and I agree with Samantha's confusion when having multiple dashboards when it is unnecessary (i.e. not a business need, but a technical limitation of the tool).  
Badge +1
I also see there is another topic on this same request:  https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/need-to-set-a-global-dashboard-filter-when-adding-a...
Hello Samantha, how did you like the solution you saw on Global filters during CAB the other day ? Please feel free to post any feedback here.

Thanks

Venky
Badge +1
The change in global filters is going to be very impactful for our org. The ability to create a filter type (such as User) and then select which field it should apply to within each report on the dashboard is going to be a great addition allowing us to consolidate dashboards based on purpose and not based on a similar object.

The Global filters will solve the issue. However, I think the question is around timing of those enhancements.