Edit and Save Multiple Rich Text Fields on Success Plans, or Only be able to edit one at a time

Related products: CS Success Plans

Right now, a CSM can open all rich text fields on a Success Plan at one time, but when they go to save only the field that they hit save on will actually update and the rest of their entries will be cancelled.

This is very confusing and not intuitive. If you are able to edit multiple at the same time, should they all save? 

Either you should only be able to edit one at time or all open rich text fields should be able to save at the same time.

Expanding on previous post:

We have escalated this through our Gainsight CSM as BUG; it has been rejected as such :(

Even if Gainsight is telling it is by design, it is a terrible design:

• it's not a user-friendly design
  • it's not a professional behavior of a tool
  • it's not an acceptable design from my perspective

Because:

• I've lost valuable data several times!

I kindly ask you to escalate this appropriately and create decent behavior for the application!

Make sure users won't lose Data within a data-driven world:

• dear Gainsight, you have to "cure" this behavior!
  • Prevent Data Loss!

Solution Proposal:

The principal issue is that no "dirty field" checks are being done on the fields of Gainsight pages; there is no consistent "Save Behavior" design across the application, therefore:

• Create a new “Save” experience across the application; by facilitating for every Gainsight page a single look and feel save experience, which will save every change done on a Page; straight forward.

I am getting reports on this same problem - we have two custom rich text fields on our success plans (both are required and actually used in health score calculations to ensure the success plan is filled out). It’s a very frustrating experience for a CSM to fill out both fields and then have one of them be cleared out.

I’ve had a bunch of CSMs complain about this recently :(

Hey there - this came up again with the team that we support here. CSMs are frustrated as Success Plans take a lot of thought and deep consideration and it is not a small feat if the work is lost w/ anything related to Success Plans.

Please consider that if a CSM loses 30 min of work every time they forget about this different UX experience, it can add up over time. The one person I was speaking with today thinks that he wasted 2-3 hours on this issue this year alone. Multiply that by number of CSMs and avg salary per hour / person and you have a hefty price that is paid by our company on this alone. Not to mention that things like this chip away at the trust that CSMs have in the platform, which can lead to folks being internal detractors, which can lead to a changed perspective about ROI, and you know how that story ends.

Would kindly please ask the GS Product team to please revisit this one as it is a painful experience for folks.  Either allow for one field edit + save at one time or fix the behavior to allow for more than 1 field to be saved at once if multiple field editing is permitted,.

@mpatra could you pl take a look at this

Thank you @anirbandutta - this is definitely a pain.

@anirbandutta any update on this?  Now that I am at Gitlab, I can confirm this is still a major pain point where users have lots many hours of hard work due to this bug. It has even forced some work outside of the tool weakening the adoption of it.  Any assistance towards a resolution would help tremendously, please advise on status. 

@anirbandutta  I forgot this was an issue still and I am rolling out a major planning exercise using Plan Info in Q1 kick off.  This should be a major priority. Horrible UX and Ops catches the brunt of it. 

Hi ,

We understand the issue and we are designing a solution to fix this. I will update this thread once I have some updates for this.

Thanks,

Monica 

No StatusAcknowledged

THANK YOU, @mpatra !  This is great news.