Visibility and Expanded Audience For Vault

Related products: None

We had some great discussion with product and engineering on this topic but wanted to solicit some feedback from a larger group.

I believe that we have a great opportunity to expand the audience for vault beyond Admins. Managers, Decision Makers, VP of CS, Renewals Managers should be included in our target market to consume vault first hand.

Few ideas generated around this...

• make vault visible and accessible outside of the Administration Tab in Gainsight or even outside Gainsight completely. From Gainsight.com? or Community? Could use this to excite prospects and drive leads!

• Make assets groupable into flows ("collections"?) to match the way managers, sponsors, leaders think about business and process.

• Make sure our product marketing is geared towards decision makers and thinkers, not only admins and "doers".

• Make sure that every key feature release is partnered with key vault assets to be up and running on Day 1. "Advanced Outreaches released with 5 key workflows you can't run a successful business without!"
I think you're on to something here, Devin! The "collections" aspect is huge. I was really glad to see us create a support page on how to Build an NPS Program Using Vault Assets. It's tremendously helpful and there's definitely opportunity to build many more Programs in that fashion.

Do you think that some organizations might be uncomfortable with allowing non-admin users the ability to download rules, reports, playbooks, etc into their production instance? It could clutter things up if the admin does not activate those assets. 

Maybe allowing non-admin users read only rights to Vault would help get the word out and those users could find assets that they are interested in and after previewing them, notify the admin and request they be downloaded by the admin?
Devin, I agree that we need to expand visibility and audience for Vault. And that's a really good thought about view-only access, Dan. I think there is some reluctance to allow all more users to access Vault because of the potential for rogue downloading. In fact, I do not have permission to access Vault here at Gainsight, so we must feel the same way!
I like this idea a lot. I think the Vault tab should be as visible as possible so that it's not just up to us to remind our customers to use Vault because right now, it's a pretty out of sight out of mind for a lot of my customers.
Agree on the read-only access for non-admins but maybe there's a way non-admins can flag assets that are of interest for the admin to download.

Would also be interesting if connect Vault to the 'partner portal' initiative would make it possible to expose Vault pages to non GS license holder to make it accessible in Community and in a sales cycle.