Question

UI bug when ordering show fields in Reports

Hi,

The task of ordering show fields in Reports is one of the most annoying bugs in Gainsight's user interface. It's there for months. Please, could you fix it?

I'm using Google Chrome with Windows 10.

I've recorded a video below to showcase what I mean:

Thanks

16 replies

Hey Bruno, Thanks for bringing this up. We do have a known defect for this. I realize how annoying it might get for you. I'll get it prioritzed in the roadmap and will apprise you once its fixed. Thanks !
I agree with Bruno, this is an extremely annoying bug! Any idea of when i might be fixed?
I'm going to throw my hat into the ring and say that this is a real annoyance. It's often quicker to create a report from scratch than try to re-arrange the fields on an existing report.

If the UI bug is really hard to fix, perhaps consider giving us access to the manually edit the script that produces the report? It's a little old-school, but it would save so much time.
Badge +1
Hi Everyone,

We are working on the issue, will update in which release it is going to available ASAP.

Thanks,

Govi
Badge +1
Hi Everyone,

Issue got fixed and is available to all the customers.
Hi Govardhan,

Actually I've just tried in a new report and the UI issue is still there.

Should I run a update in our org or something?

Do you need a recorded video of my screen showing that the issue keeps happening?

Thanks
Badge +1
Hi Bruno,

Can you please provide the recorded video and also provide the org version.

Thanks,

Govi
Govi, the video is embedded in the original post. Bruno, it would be great to double check that you are on the latest version. Thanks
Badge +1
Hi All,

We have already fixed mentioned issue and will be available in Winter Release (v5.5)
Are you sure, guys?

Just recorded the video below. Seems that your fix is currently broken.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Bruno,

We should have been a little more specific on release timing - the winter release that Rahul refers to is coming the last week in February. You should have received an email this week announcing the update. 

Also - see this post on community for additional details: https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/february-release-is-coming-soon
Ah ok. Just forgot that Winter is now in North Hemisphere 😉
Also your link if giving me the following error:

"Sorry! You don't have access to the content you requested. If you think you should have access, please contact the administrator of the community."
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Try the link again, we had a tagging error that inadvertently made the post private. Sorry.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Bruno - I was able to test this in the February (5.5) release and it is fixed. This release should be available now if you have a non-production environment and will be rolled out to all production environments (unless you are opted out) on Feb 21. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
I recently started going through all of the unanswered or unresolved problems and questions here. Was checking to see if this has been resolved or if it is an ongoing issue ?