Is it possible for a User to click on a Widget and then go through the underlying report?

Related products: CS Reports & Dashboards

Intelliflo raised an idea that would allow a user to click on a widget and allow the report to be opened.  This would match the functionality of other reports in the dashboard.
OK.  Can you flesh out a use case in more detail so this is concrete?  
Use case is the CSM is at their dashboard. Their widgets are summary $, tickets, feature use, and usage information from the account.  They would like to be able to click on the widget and open the report with the data that is summed. This is in order to save time navigating to a separate report.  Since the widgets take up less space on the dashboard it is ideal for them to display side by side.
Got it.  Makes sense. I appreciate the detail. 
I voted for this item as well.  Many of my CSMs have come back and said - that widget is great, but I can't do anything with the information.  I would love to be able to click on it and have it show me the records so I can action.
I've gotten this same request from several customers - feels like a really good enhancement to dashboarding capability. Is this on the roadmap? 
Reading through the comments here, it sounds like what is really being asked for here is the ability to establish a relationship between a widget report and another (non-widget) report. Does that sound right?

Reason being that a widget is a complete report in itself. See the example below of a widget on a dashboard showing Renewals this quarter:

The underlying report that enables this widget is this report:

It's just a single point of data - a sum of all ARR with a filter.

It sounds like what you'd like to have appear when you click on the widget would be a separate report that would show columns of data relevant to the Renewals Due This Quarter report widget. Maybe like this:

Does this sound like what is being asked for here?
Dan, 

I was actually referring to the ability to click on a C360 summary widget and have a link to the relevant section. 

Same way that when you click "Open CTAs" it goes to the cockpit section, I'd love to have the ability to click on a "utilization %" summary widget and be directed to the C360 tab with utilization report. 

But perhaps this belongs in a separate thread as when I read this again I think you have it right and the original idea here was to link widgets to reports in the dashboard. 
Dan, What we can do is if the Widget Report (Single value) report on summary when clicked we can scroll to report (Section) that is built on same object. 

will that solve ?
Azhar, I think this would solve for both the use case in dashboards and in c360! :-)

Would it be possible to do this in both areas?
In C360 it is certainly possible. For Dashboard I will talk to Reporting Team and update you. 

I will also have a word with our PM to try to take this further. 🙂
For the Report/Dashboard use case (non C360), are we assuming that there's a 1 to 1 relationship between the object of the Summary widget and the report?  I actually think that in some cases you may have multiple reports on the object.  Would it just then find the 'closest' or 'next one' it sees in the dashboard?
It would go to the first one it finds.
It would be very useful if we provided an admin capability to link a widget to a report that appears later in the dashboard or C360. 

Something along the lines of "on a click on this widget, take the user to this report that appears later in the page" and a pulldown of reports that are available on that page.

I wonder how difficult this would be to build?
That would require handling few edge cases like - Handling if selected report/section is removed, deleted. Do. we want to tie this to a section or report in C/R360. ?

It is not difficult, just that few more additional cases and few more questions ..