dashboard filter

Related products: CS Reports & Dashboards

I'm trying (trying being the operative word) to build a dashboard with a common set of filters. But in my trying what I discovered is that (as least as I'm understanding this) if I built a report without a common filter and then tried to include that on my dashboard, the rest of the filtering breaks.

Here's my use case... I want to show overall team retention against a specific CSMs retention. Or total number of open opportunities for the team alongside the specific CSMs number. The total team number should have either no filter or a locked filter to all users, whereas the other reports should respect the global dashboard filter.
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for bringing this up. We are targeting this for Summer release (Aug 17). Will keep this thread updated as we progress.

Venky
Adding on to this a bit. As I've been working through the reporting, I couldn't seem to get the filter to work as I had expected it to. All of my reports are filtered to the CSM Name, so why did I keep getting the message that there were no common filters?

It turns out the "paths" are different.

1. Opportunity -> Account ID -> CSM -> Name

2. [Relationship Type] Scorecard Sc Fact -> Account Id -> CSM -> Name
Now, as far as I'm concerned it's the last thing that matters: I want to filter these reports by the CSM for the account. I've got one MDA object (user) which is related through the CSM field on the Company.

The whole point of a dashboard is to bring together different views of data onto a single page. The dashboard filter should work so long as the filters are common at the [i]end of the filter path. How we get there shouldn't matter.
Yes Jeff, completely agree. The dashboard filters should work so long as the filters are common at the end of the filter path and thats how the solution for the next release is designed.
That's awesome. One more reason I can't wait for summer!
Do we know if this is going out in the May release?
No Jeff. this is planned for Summar (Aug'17) release.
Thanks for the back and forth on there. So I am reading this right, I'll be able to put in a filter for the ENTIRE DASHBOARD rather than a single repot (assuming there is a filter criteria that is common for all the reports)?

Thanks!
HI Ben, you are right.

Thanks

Venky
That's perfect! Just what I had emailed Support about but then I saw this post. Looking forward to this feature.