Field mapping is allowed that shouldn't be

Related products: None

Hello - 

When creating a new TImeline activity sync job, I wanted to pull in the created date for the SFDC event. These events are created by our customers in a third party calender booking tool. We ultimately wanted to show those same events in each timeline.
In my original build of the sync, I mapped Created Date of the event (when the Customer booked the time) to Created Date in gainsight.

This caused an error when I tried to run the rule (“Something went wrong”). It did not even allow for the rule to fail and send a failure report. After discussing with support, that mapping was blocking me. 

Mapping to system fields, if not allowed (causes errors), should not be selectable when setting up the sync, and I’d prefer the mapping to be added automatically and grayed out as the others are. 

Image below is my rule without the mapping. It now runs perfectly. (Thanks, support!)

@jasminebondc, you are correct. We should not be able to map to system fields. This should be added as an idea to the product backlog to improve the UI/UX of this feature. 

@jean.nairon and @jasminebondc changing this to the idea and redirecting to our product team.

Thanks for sharing, added to the roadmap.