Set Criteria in Participant Configuration to Knock Off Once Certain Criteria is Met

Related products: CS Journey Orchestrator, Email & Notifications

Use case: We are running a lot of programs where the customer’s call to action is to set a meeting with the AM or CSM.  Currently, this relies on either the AM/CSM telling us the meeting has been scheduled/completed OR setting up a ton of conditional waits.  There are also other instances where we might be sending low usage emails, and want to remove a participant once their usage improves.  Again, this can be done, but results in a lot of conditional waits.

Idea: Similar to how you can add an exclusion list, what if you had a section in the Participant Details page that you could tell it when to knock someone off.  Similar to the Calculated Fields section where you could select the criteria, and then, direct an action to happen.

Example: I want to remove a participant if a certain type of Timeline activity is posted, so I would select the Activity Timeline object, and then, set up my filters accordingly to look for a new activity of that type, and then, once that happened, the participants for that company would automatically be knocked off.

@bradybluhm per our discussion

Yes!!!! And it needs to work in chains and survey programs equally (in the first conditional wait included, with the - I hope - wrong assumption that these two will continue to coexist). 

At risk of scope-creeping your idea, @heather_hansen 

One of my visions for Journey Orchestrator is the notion of a goal or outcome we’re hoping a Participant achieves. That goal could be “engage with an email” or “increase usage” or “exit Onboarding stage” or “schedule a call” in this example. If we had an goal criteria for JO programs, and then the ability to configure a “knock off” any time a Participant met that criteria, that would be awesome. Consider it a “Program-wide” Conditional Wait, if you will.

You would have at least 2 benefits:

• Less tedium on multiple Conditional Waits
  • Much clearer sense of impact of the Program. CS and CS Ops could say “During the course of this program, 65% of Participants advanced to the next stage in their customer journey.”

@matthew_lind This☝️

At a risk of highjacking it even further - I’d much rather these ‘smart actions’ be steps within the canvas - which I thought was coming soon. Instead of ~3 actions we get now (open/click, conditional wait, create/close cta) we should be able to look at any action within the flow and throughout the platform. 

Eloqua, Marketing Cloud, etc, having been doing this for almost a decade, which I get that Gainsight is not trying to be that but for a lot of customers using JO - Gainsight IS that, and with all of the digital push Gainsight is doing, JO is simply not advanced enough at this point to get anywhere near the potential it could. We still don’t even have dynamic exclusion lists - only a static csv.

@PavanCh Heads up on this.