New Enhancements/Features Only Released in Gainsight NXT

Related products: None

I understand that Gainsight NXT is the next evolution of the platform. I also understand that only new and specific customers are being onboarded to the new platform. My org is on Gainsight SFDC and we heavily rely on Salesforce for a lot of our processes... so it's unlikely that we'll transition. As we continue to grow our organization and processes in Gainsight, I worry that certain feature requests and new releases will only roll out on Gainsight NXT. I've already seen two instances of this:

1. Global Filters for Cockpit

2. External User interaction with the Success Plans

I think it would be good for the product team, @lila_meyer , or whoever it may be to have a community post, that's regularly updated, that informs us which future releases and new releases are ONLY for Gainsight NXT. This may already exist... if it does, I'd love to see it! But if it doesn't exist yet I think it will be beneficial for all of us to know so we can properly and realistically build out processes for our specific platform.

My understanding is that moving to NXT will eventually be mandatory. The good news is I hear it's been developed so that it will still work well with Salesforce. Instead of being natively on the platform, though, it uses API calls between the two systems, but that things like accessing a SF record from the C360 still appears seamless.

But given our history with things such as the migration tool not being anywhere near ready for primetime when it was released, it's going to be some time before we consider switching to NXT.

I share your concern though about features not being available in SF and only going to NXT. I really hope that Gainsight will evaluate each feature and determine if it's technically possible then roll it into both until the largest subset of customers (SF Edition) are on NXT.

I'd like to jump on here as well and say the current path of hiding the Gainsight SFDC documentation behind a Google Sheet and making the NXT documentation the only one searchable by search engines is a really bad experience. When I find the documentation I need (like perms) and then I have to click through to a Google Sheet and then search again for what I need based on the article title alone, I become very unhappy.

I brought this same issue up to Gainsight support and asked them to link the article I was looking for, and they were unable to do so, which doesn't seem to bode well for ongoing support of SFDC Gainsight.

I'm not sure to what you're referring here. Searching GainsightGo for documentation certainly isn't the easiest or cleanest experience, but they aren't hiding SFDC Edition documentation.

I just searched for "Permission Groups" (the example you cited) and it pulls back both NXT and SF docs:

Agreed! Our org very heavily relies on Salesforce and most of our SF users do not, and would not use Gainsight.

Hi @brad_jennings

As Jeff correctly points out, today you can search for any topic on support.gainsight.com and find resources for both NXT and the SFDC edition. We know this isn't ideal, so in about a month, we'll roll out a new organization for the site, so that you can choose your product (edition) first, and then you'll only see docs for that particular product.

And to Jeff's point, our product team absolutely evaluates the technical feasibility for every enhancement and makes as many of them as possible available in SFDC edition and NXT.

If anyone hasn't read our NXT FAQ, I strongly recommend reading it to better understand our plans. Your Gainsight COM can also help clarify any remaining concerns.

@lila_meyer Thanks for your comments. 🙂 I'm sure the product team is making sure to roll out features to both SFDC edition and NXT as much as possible. But I also understand that this won't happen for every single feature due to various reasons. What I'm simply asking is to have a "heads up" and a running list of features that's not feasible to roll out onto SFDC edition.

And I have read the NXT FAQ several times and have talked/emailed my COM several times already. 🙂 I understand that you guys aren't forcing any SFDC customers to migrate to NXT right now and aren't accepting any SFDC customer requests to migrate either. So... that means our org will need to continue optimizing what we have now. We want to utilize Gainsight as much as possible so knowing what won't be available to us would be beneficial.

Also, it would be great to have documentation (sooner than later) on how the actual integration with NXT and SFDC will work. Jeff mentions that it'll like use API calls and such... but as an Admin, I'd love to get the details on that as soon as possible so we can build our processes in a way that aligns to whatever that integration looks like in the future. Another reason for wanting more specifics on the integration is related to THIS community post. We started using Survey & NPS 2.0 and realized all the data isn't stored in the same SFDC objects as the 1.0 features.... now we have a bunch of Salesforce rules and workflows that aren't running properly because it can't access the MDA objects for the 2.0 features.... if NXT is similar to this, we want to know how the "seamless integration" solves this pain point.

Hello Faust, my name is Maksim Ovsyannikov and I am the head of product at Gainsight. Thank you for asking a question related to feature parity as it related to new feature development for our NXT and Salesforce edition products. I would like to assure you and others that at this time we made a strategic decision to invest in both our old and in our new NXT platform equally. This means that our intention is to develop new feature parity in both. However, in some cases our old platform capabilities and its architecture will not allow us to implement a particular new feature in our old product. In these cases we will implement such feature only in NXT. I also wanted to make sure that you knew that Gainsight NXT has equal and in some cases better integration capabilities with Salesforce. Our customers that use Salesforce as their CRM will continue to benefit from the strength of this integration.

This is very good news Maksim, thank you!

Hi Faust,

In regards to how the SFDC integration with NXT will work, I wondered if these articles might help address some of your questions.

@lila_meyer I'll check it out! Thank you :)

Thanks for your reply Maksim! 🙂 Will we be able to know ahead of time which future releases are only implemented in NXT and not in SFDC platform?