Solved

Is anyone using Delighted for surveys and integrating them with Gainsight?

• 17 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

I’ve used Delighted before and supplemented the surveys - mainly NPS - that we’ve used Gainsight for. Looking now at potentially using them again, I love the simplicity of how their interface and survey programmes work. But also want to see if I can bring in the results into Gainsight.

Is anyone using Delighted alongside Gainsight? Would love to hear more.

icon

Best answer by jean.nairon 11 July 2020, 01:25

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @jnoble100,

I have built an integration between Delighted and Gainsight before and there are a couple options. 

Import via S3

In Delighted, you can manually export your survey data to CSV. If you S3 setup for your instance, you can load the data via an S3 import job. For companies who don’t do surveys regularly, this could be practical. It requires manual intervention but it only takes a few seconds to export the data and drop it in S3. 

Delighted to SFDC Integration

Alternatively, there is an integration between Delighted and Salesforce. You could use it to load the data to Salesforce which would then be visible in the Gainsight on SFDC version. If you are on Nxt, you could use the connector to bring it in.

Connect via APIs

As a last, more complicated option, you can use the APIs. Both products have an API so you could technically export the data from the Delighted API and import it via the GS API. This is an option that could easily work if you have built to any of the APIs in the past. This would be the most robust option but likely will take the most time to setup if you haven’t done any other API work. 

Hope this helps!

Jean

Badge

Thanks @jean.nairon, very helpful. Longer term I’d like to look at the APIs but the S3 import is likely the simplest option for us to start. Can I ask, what surveys do you use in Delighted, vs. ones in Gainsight directly?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

The company used NPS in Delighted which was implemented before Gainsight. NPS was owned by a different team and they preferred to continue using Delighted than making a change. 

It is easier to have all surveys run through GS Surveys instead of using another tool. Its less work for admins and opens up opportunities for easily launching other surveys in the future without much effort. In this instance however, the company didn’t want to go through the change.