US Admin Office Hours (Tuesday session) - 02/01/22 - 1 pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET - Pre-session Thread

• 31 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello everyone - welcome to February!

This thread is for our upcoming Tuesday Admin Office Hours session on Tuesday, February 1, 2022 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Tuesday, February 1, 2022 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/95579728548?pwd=UGRNbnlmK2MrMFJDV3BNRzlTeERwQT09

Meeting ID: 955 7972 8548

Password: 457364

For dial-in info by your location, find your local number:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/a3hcfBNC2

3 replies

Badge +2

I have a JO Program to pull Opportunity Contact Role for automation of Welcome Letters once the account is loaded to Gainsight and CSM assigned to the account, however, it appears that only the first contact in the Opportunity Contact Role is pulling into the Query and I want to make sure if there are multiple contacts it goes to all that have the Role field equal to Coach they all get the automated welcome email.

Badge +2

If we have time, I’m also trying to think thru how what might be a best practice for transferring a spreadsheet input process into Gainsight where CSM’s have to update Revenue forecast impact vs actuals on a weekly basis then be able to track month over month . . . we’re contemplating using CTA’s with Timeline entries and custom fields but also not wanting to make it too many steps for the CSM’s.

Badge

Hi Scott!

I’ve created CTAs for NPS responses submitted in-app (aka outside of Gainsight). I ran into the issue of Gainsight creating duplicate CTAs for the exact same responses once the CSM closed the initial CTAs.

I went into the CTA rules and added a filter criteria of ‘Created Date’ = ‘Rule Date’, thinking that would limit CTA creation to only those responses submitted the date the rule runs, but now no CTAs are being created at all. My manual tests worked as I expected both yesterday and this morning, so I’m unsure why no CTAs are being created when it actually runs.

I thought maybe the date format might be a problem as the ‘Created Date’ includes minutes, seconds, etc. and ‘Rule Date’ does not (...as far as I know), but ‘Created Date’ is currently used as a filter in the Dataset Tasks and has worked perfectly.

My solution may not be best, so any thoughts you have on how I can best prevent duplicate CTAs being created for our in-app NPS responses would be awesome.

Thank you,

Chae