Solved

CoPilot Outreach Configuration

• 19 September 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge
Hi!

I could use some assistance setting up an Outreach chain in CoPilot. Just need another set of eyes that might see something different.

We are trying to automate a few processes such as sending Tips&Tricks emails to users that have recently logged into our platform for the first time. The issue I am experiencing with this is that we don't want to send work related emails during the weekend, because more than likely it won't be checked. 

Since we are basing the Powerlist off of the first login date, it has been difficult to get the date logic down so that no users are being skipped on these outreaches. 

Currently, there are 3 email outreaches we have set up to fire 1 day, 6 days, and 11 days post first login. I am flexible on that timing so it doesn't have to match exactly.

However, due to the current setup, depending on what day the first login was, they may be excluded from receiving one or more of these outreaches due to schedule date falling on a weekend. I tried to set this up via the Advanced Outreach feature but wasn't quite able to account for the weekend either.  

Does anyone have an idea that could account for the schedule date falling on a weekend? Since we can't queue up the user for a Monday.

For email #1, users that login for the first time on a Friday or Saturday would not receive that first email.

Email #2, users that login on a Sundays or Mondays would not receive the email.

And, for Email #3, users that have their first login on a Tuesday or Wednesday do not receive email 3. 

In all these situations the schedule date falls on a weekend. I thought about making it a date range so that the weekend would be accounted for, with the logic as ("First Login Date" greater than/equal 'subtract N days from Run Date' = 3) for email 1 and so forth. However, it looks like if I did that same thing for email #2 and went back 6 days (back to that same First Login Date), it would simultaneously send out both emails to some users that meet both Powerlist criteria.

Any thoughts?
icon

Best answer by nora_soza 19 September 2017, 04:21

View original

6 replies

Badge
Sorry for the long post!!
Badge
Hey Manmeet -- Here's the high level breakdown of what you do: 

-- Power List logic:  First login is great than minus 3 days and first log in is less than rule date

-- Outreach Schedule to run Mon - Friday

-- Only send email to user once in lifetime

-- Power List logic:  First login is great than minus 9 days and first log in is less than minus 6 days

-- Power List logic:  First login is great than minus 14 days and first log in is less than minus 11 days

The 3 day windows should account for any user who is skipped on Saturday - Sunday, but only send the email once to a user with the only send email to user once in a lifetime. It does cause partial sends -- which can be annoying to get used to.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi Manmeet,

The other option is to base the first Power List on the days since first login, and use Follow-Up Outreaches, or an Advanced Outreach, to base the additional emails on how long it has been since the prior email.
Badge
Hi Nora,

Thank you for this outline! I appreciate you taking the time to respond. This makes sense, sounds like it is what I needed to implement this correctly. The partial failures will be a bit annoying but better to get to every user than missing some. 
Badge
Awesome. Thanks for the idea! I will try what Nora outlined above first but might give this a try as well. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Great suggestions, Nora and Seth!!