Allow external users to export data from dashboard/c360 sharing

Related products: None

Currently an external user is not able to export data from a shared dashboard/c360. It is necessary for our external users (partners) to be able to access this data and export it themselves without having to ask us to do it. 
Hi Andy,

We already have this capability since the last release.

If you go to Section Configuration -> Sharing Settings, you can see the option of enable export. If that option is enabled , you can share the links and the end user should be able to export the reports as CSV.

We have similar option in dashboards as well - 

In the shared link, you should be able to view the Export option as shown below - 

Let us know if you are facing any issue.

Thanks

Abhishek S
Yeah, you say that is the case but with someone you are sharing externally with it does not work. Try it yourself. If you are sharing with an internal user then it is just fine but if you try to share with an external user you can't share the dashboard or c360 if you have "export" configured for either. All I have checked is "export" and the external users are not visible when trying to share. 
Hi,

We just checked it and confirmed that it works for both internal and external users. Please raise a zendesk ticket for this if you are facing this issue since this feature should work for both internal and external users.

Thanks

Abhishek S
are you checking all the boxes or just "export"? Try it with none of the other options for dashboard sharing checked except "export" and see if you get the same issue I am getting. 
HI Andrew,

We tried the same as you mentioned. Enabled the "Export" checkbox. This feature is working fine for us. Looks like there is some specific scenario when you are facing this issue. Please raise a Zendesk ticket, Our support team ll follow up with you and ll provide the fix for same. 

Thanks,

Ankita
I have created a ticket and uploaded an mp4 (video) so you can see all the details. (case 36053). I must be doing something wrong....
Thanks, Andrew.

We will check and update you. 

Thanks,

Ankita
Abhishek confirmed that they need to be "internal" users to have the export feature on dashboards available to them. If they are external users they are not able to have dashboards that they can export from.