Solved

How can NPS be configured to go out on a rolling basis?

The tutorial on Gainsight Go explains how to get an NPS out once a month, but not on other timeframes. if you tracked customer age by days (from contract) would that be more of a rolling NPS instead of triggering an outreach once a month?
icon

Best answer by dan_ahrens 4 October 2017, 23:03

View original

10 replies

Within the Powerlist you can set the timeframe you would want this to fire. For us we did it based off of the Renewal Date in SF and have the NPS survey rolling throughout the year. 
Badge
We use the Life cycle weeks per year field on the Customer Info object. It keeps track of how many weeks an account has been a customer. The value is increased by one every seven days from the Billing Start Date up to 52 then resets to 1 on the customer's anniversary.

You can add this field as a criteria in your power list and specify how often  you want to send the NPS on (e.g. 3 m13 weeks, 6 m26 weeks, etc.)
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
We send NPS surveys quarterly, so this was the setup I just mentioned over here :-)

I created a Salesforce Formula Field, Integer, to give me the month of a customer's start date:

MONTH(dateCustomerStart__c)

I then created a Formula Field, Checkbox, to tell me whether I should be sending the survey "this month":

MONTH(TODAY())= Customer_Start_Month__c ||

MONTH(TODAY())+ 3 = Customer_Start_Month__c ||

MONTH(TODAY())+ 6 = Customer_Start_Month__c ||

MONTH(TODAY())+ 9 = Customer_Start_Month__c ||

MONTH(TODAY())- 3 = Customer_Start_Month__c ||

MONTH(TODAY())- 6 = Customer_Start_Month__c ||  

MONTH(TODAY())- 9 = Customer_Start_Month__c
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Laura, I'd love to get a little more detail into your use case here. Do you have some scenarios in mind where a monthly NPS wouldn't be frequent enough?

Also, with Advanced Outreaches and Bionic Queries (link) you could create a query to be that specific (in days). I'm just curious as to the use case that would mandate more frequent outreaches than monthly. 
Thanks for the help everyone!
We are looking into reporting at a couple of specific points in the customer lifecycle and waiting a month would miss the mark. 
Userlevel 2
Badge
What Lauren said. :)  You can use a campaign with higher cadence, but a Powerlist which narrows the recipients to just the right audience.

We send out surveys via a few outreaches.  We send monthly to a Powerlist of customers whose accounts are up for renewal in 4 months (with a follow-up a week later to those who didn't open the first email).  We also have an NPS campaign that triggers daily, but the Powerlist only includes customers who just completed onboarding (and the survey is worded with a focus on the onboarding experience).  Another is more of a CSAT survey than NPS, but again, it's sent every day.  The Powerlist includes anyone who had a service desk support case closed the previous day.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Curious if there is any additional update on best practice for configuring this - especially in NXT. Or better yet, if Product is considering a more out-of-the-box solution for scheduling surveys?

I know this is an old thread but how do you create a rolling NPS in NXT? We want the NPS to go out every 4th and 8th month of the year starting from contract date. 

Badge

Similar to @brelewis89 - we would like to send surveys every quarter based on contract date/month to avoid spikes in surveys sent and responded in a specific month, we would need the send to be phased out throughout the year.

Any updates from the Gainsight Team on this one? Or anyone accomplished this in Gainsight so far?