Timeline Feedback

Related products: CS Timeline

The Drafts widget is huge. Could it only display if there is something in Drafts, and if not, give that real estate back to the timeline?
Thanks for the feedback, Heather. Makes sense to not block space when there is nothing there. We do expect more features to be added going forward, such as bubbling up attachments, most engaged Contacts, etc.
This thread seems to be a good place to add an idea around real estate. :)

Currently the window for editing a new activity is of fixed size (although you can click and drag it to move it). It would be nice if the window could be resized for instances where longer notes are being taken.
+1 to this idea.
Great usability feedback! Some ideas we have discussed so far:

1. Make the height (and width) allocation more dynamic based on available screen space

2. Have a full-screen mode, similar to Gmail

3. Free resizing, as suggested by Dan
We'll most likely do #1 in our Winter release, but open to suggestions and ideas!
If possible I'd like to avoid full screen, as the ability to swap between Timeline and the rest of the C360 with as few clicks as possible is useful. A full screen view could require more clicks to make that swap. 

Gmail has some nice methods to handle the various sizing challenges without impacting usability.
Yes please no full screen! 🙂
Love the new Timeline feature! Super easy to use.  Is it possible to:

1. provide the edit pencil for all users so that other users can edit?  Use case: I usually take notes for my CSM when we are conducting QBRs so they can work the presentation.  At the end they want to add or edit things in my timeline notes, but currently only the person who wrote the timeline had edit access.
Just started using this feature, and we cannot wait to adopt it vs. currently putting our notes in Google Docs.  The only thing that is currently hindering its adoption in my team is the fact that you cannot put attachments (e.g. attaching screenshots that can be displayed w/o having to download them) like you can do today in Google Docs.   Comments is another big one but I would say Attachments is currently a must 
Hi Georges, glad to hear that you're enjoying Timeline even in it's current beta release! 

Until full attachment support is enabled, one idea that you could use to get you out of Google Docs for notes would be to store the attachment in Google Drive, but insert the hyperlink to the doc in the notes in Timeline.

Since Timeline does support rich text formatting and hyperlinks, you can link directly to the document in Google Drive while still enjoying the other features in Timeline. 

And hopefully soon native document attachment support will be available.
Glad you are excited about the feature, Georges! Do you see attachments as mainly inline images, or also proper attachments such as PDFs and PPTs?
@Manu - one idea that a customer presented to me today was to have the ability to export to PDF the contents of Timeline. This would be similar to how we can export the C360 to PDF. 

Ideally there would be an ability to select a date range for the export, or filter by types vs just exporting the entire timeline from the first entry.

Thoughts?
We definitely want to work on being able to easily share Timeline data, both internally and externally. It would be useful, though, to understand how this PDF might be used. As Karl mentioned recently on this thread, we need to think about how much is exported (as a PDF or PPT) vs. shared as a live, dynamic link potentially where we could provide much higher levels of interactivity (and even collaboration).

Also, any thoughts on how the exported layout should look like -- similar to the in-product version (vertical), more Milestones-like (horizontal), or perhaps both depending on what we want to convey?
I see them more as inline images.  We heavily take screen shots and attach them to our notes when posting updates in Google Docs.    Looking forward to having this all done in GS!
I definitely see challenges with export to a PPT. I'd imagine PDF is the only way to go. Even CSV would be too messy to digest properly. 

As I visualized what an export could look like, a vertical document with each entry in reverse chronological order definitely was what I envisioned. I think a horizontal format would be much harder to read and understand. 
Thanks for confirming! Do you foresee any sensitivity around these screenshots? For example, would you want to expose your notes to certain teams but keep the screenshots/attachments locked down, or more generally, have an access control layer that's specific to attachments?
I don't foresee this being an issue at all.