Solved

Unable to add email template to the Escalation Email in the NPS Program.

• 22 April 2019
  • 6 replies

I am having difficulties locating the email templates I created when trying to add it to a program. Specifically this is happening for the NPS model and the Escalation email in particular. I have created multiple email templates and none of them appear in the Template dropdown. Has anyone else experienced this or know why this is happening?

icon

Best answer by ashish_ahuja 22 April 2019, 19:02

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
I have seen this happen in our environment for Journey Orchestrator Programs in general. I can navigate to Email Templates and see the email template that I just created but when I navigate back to Programs and try to select/find the Email Template from the Email step, I can't locate it even when typing in the exact name.

I'm not sure what causes that but it seems to resolve in our case after some time has passed.

That is good to know! I was able to play around with the email template and here's what I found:

• The email template I created included a survey link (to reference the same survey linked to the program)

• When I removed the survey link the template then appeared in the Program template dropdown for the desired email.

• I went back to the template and added in the survey link and it then appeared within the program.

It seemed like the steps were not efficient but I am waiting to hear back from support to determine if this is the normal workflow.

Hi Kristina, hope you are doing well.

Keeping in mind you are trying to configure escalation email in the NPS model as a reference, there could be mostly 3 types of templates which you won't see :

1.) Survey Template

2.) Operational Template

3.) v1.0 Templates

If you are using any one of them, I would request you to kindly create a v2.0 email template of non-survey, non-operational type for Escalation email.

Hi John,

I am not sure of the exact use case in which you see this happening. But just a general rule; not all type of templates apply to all type of steps.

For eg : Survey template cannot be used in a non survey step for the most part and you would probably not find the survey template coming up in the search box.

Similar rules apply to other templates based on their types.

Hi Ashish!

Thank you for your response. I did just hear back from Gainsight support and they told me the same thing about the types of templates. This is great to know and I am going to make a note of this moving forward.

Thank you for your insight!

Thank you Ashish! This is incredibly helpful!!