Solved

Is there a way to include a link directly to the survey response in a Program email sent once a response has been received?

• 10 May 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
We have a survey (Surveys 2.0) currently running for our professional services team, who have Viewer Gainsight Licenses. Since they don't use Cockpit, we have a program set up to email them when a response is received from one of their customers. It includes the overall satisfaction answer, but we'd like to include a link directly to the full survey response to make it easier to navigate. Is this possible? We're currently driving this off the flattened survey object, and I didn't see anything there, but would be open to pulling in other objects if I knew where I could acess a direct link!

icon

Best answer by sekhar_dutta 12 May 2019, 18:40

View original

6 replies

Badge
Hi Katie,

As replied in the other post you can get response preview link from flatten object.

https://community.gainsight.com/conversations/ability-to-create-custom-viewscolumns-in-survey-20-analyze-tab-5cd5c260e4b063b68c32ebf2

`Survey Response Page URl` field of flatten object will give you the response preview URL (Participant Id -> AO Participant Id -> Survey Response Page URl). Only limitation with this approach is this link will be available only for 'Non Anonymous' Surveys sent from Program.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Great - thank you so much!

Badge +2

@sekhar_dutta @katie_b Were you able to get the links to work for viewer license holders? When we try it logged in as viewer license holder and click the survey response url link we get insufficient priveledges error. Is there a permission I can assign to viewers to get the links to work?

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@ml2019 We were, but had to make some adjustments to our viewer permission set. I’m sorry, I don’t remember exactly which update did the trick….but I know we had to add access to additional Visualforce Pages to allow them to access the survey via the link.

Badge

Hi @ml2019 ,

Assuming you are using Gainsight NXT or Survey 2.0 in SFDC edition. A screenshoot would help.

Please make sure that the viewer licensed user have access to the Company/Relationship of the survey response he/she is previewing OR have Analyze permission on that specific Survey OR analyze permission on Survey Module (Permission Bundle).

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@ml2019 Did you get a chance to view the comments here? Please let us know if you need any help here.