Gainsight Admin Mentors

Related products: None

I'm working with a new admin who is bright and seems to love using Gainsight. After the initial launch, the sales team (user in this use case) keep asking for more CTAs which require her to build more Rules.

While she is gaining confidence, she's not quite there yet with her abilities. She's trying to temper their enthusiasm for more and more to catch up with her time and ability.

Since this is a POC (deal with an opt out), I want her to have the best resources possible to help even after the project is closed from a services (paid) perspective.

I'm thinking it would be great to solicit the community and see if some of our more senior admins may want to mentor new admins. They may get a kick out of helping newbies in more real time than over community posts.

Just wanted to share and see if anyone thought this may be a good idea.
Very nice idea, Jason.  There could be some GS admins out there interested in mentoring.  I think most of the ones I'm working with are buried with work so it's likely a stretch for them.  Never know though.

One other thing to keep in mind is that we're running a contest in the community for points so it may be a more difficult to get someone interested in taking the opportunity to earn rewards offline.   I think a lot of those all star admins like the points!
Agreed with what Elaine said. 

Also - don't forget to leverage Vault and Admin office hours!
Great feedback. Thanks!
What do you think about having a section in Community for people that want to pose "beginner" questions and not feel self-conscious about it? This might be a way to support our Community contests, help new admins feel really "no dumb questions" and give us great insight into making product and docs better.
+1 for "I'm a Gainsight Rookie" Community section  (Rookies that start answering other people's question during their rookie year should be on the all-star team:-)
Thanks Jason, Thanks for sharing your thoughts and this is a great idea.I will come up with a implementation on this soon. 
We added a Community category called "First Day of School" for new GS Admins. We decided against reaching out to customer Admins to see if they'd consider mentoring new Admins since this is a big ask, and there's not much we can offer the experienced Admin in exchange.