Be able to pin menu bar to closed position in Nxt

Related products: None

Currently you can pin the menu bar in next to stay open, however my preference is that it stays closed unless I specifically click on a section, or at the least have a minimum hover requirement before it expands. 

I work almost entirely out of my right monitor but navigate between right and left often when comparing data. After just a few weeks on Nxt it’s apparent how much of a nuisance it is that the menu expands every time I cross from one monitor to the next and really wish I could pin to keep it in place, and expand only when I click it.

@kelly sorry for the inconvenience. We will definitely review it and get back to you. Thanks for sharing!

Echoing @kelly , the ability to pin the rail closed would be a great creature comfort.

While demoing Gainsight this week to a prospective new group of users, with a focus on Dashboards, the navigation rail kept expanding over top of the dashboard I was displaying. While I could have pinned the rail open, it then would take up unnecessary screen space. The dashboard also then wouldn’t have fit into the remaining screen space, and thus would have required a scroll-to-the-right action to fully see.

It wasn’t a great first impression to admit to these users that we couldn’t pin that rail closed. It was an admittedly small thing which made an outsized impression on the sophistication of the entire tool.

Pin closed would be a great (and hopefully simple-to-deploy) nod to Gainsight admins and Gainsight power users who don’t need the full nav rail to be productive.

+1 I use a second monitor as well and quite often run into the issue where the navigation bar remains open and blocks what I’m viewing on my second screen!

Yep, dealt with this issue just yesterday. Love the idea of pinning the nav bar closed.