In object analyser, we are not showing the dependent jobs if the field was selected from lookup object

Related products: None

In the object analyzer, we are not showing the dependent jobs if the field was selected from the lookup object. 

Ex: In the below fetch is created on GS relationship object and we added in Account owner id field from the lookup object account.

?name=inline593765104.png

So when you check the dependency for Account owner id, the above rule was not showing in dependent jobs list.

+1 Definitely need better dependency reporting. I know Gainsight Analyzer can be helpful here but it can take quite some time to click around and dig into each field and it’s associated objects, etc. 

@rajasekhar_parasu Thanks for raising it here! 

@ana_g Thanks for your vote, our product team needs info like this. I will check with our product on this. 

@ana_g we would need more time on this, I am working on this.

Hi @rajasekhar_parasu  @ana_g 

We have added the request to our roadmap and are analyzing it currently. 

I’m not sure if this is the exact same issue or a separate idea, but I received word from Gainsight Support today that Lookup fields are not supported in Object Analyzer data flow diagrams, but they really need to be!!! This is wildly inhibiting when attempting to make full use of Object Analyzer, and often leaves me using Data Management dependencies instead which are not as easy or visual to use. 

Note from GS Support:

In the analyzer, lookup dependencies are not displayed in the Data Flow diagram. Only direct dependencies are shown. Since the field "CSM" is defined as a lookup field, it does not appear in the Analyzer, which is designed based on the Data Flow diagram. This constraint applies to other lookup fields, such as the "AM Account Owner" field you mentioned.

As an alternative to viewing dependencies and exporting them, you can use Data Management. This lets you fetch all dependencies at both the object and field levels. Additionally, you have the option to export and validate the data retrieved from Data Management.

One thing I would like to commend GS Support for is confirming that this is expected behavior that is not outlined in their documentation & pushing a note to the correct team to get this explicitly outlined in their documentation. Looking forward to seeing this updated! 🙌🏻

Either way, if I am changing the CSM field using Rules Engine, I’d love to be able to see the rule loading the Company → CSM field value in Object Analyzer. It doesn’t make any sense to me why lookup fields were omitted from this feature’s design.