Question

new custom tab in KC bot

• 5 December 2022
  • 7 replies

Can we create a new custom tab in KC bot?

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

@Kshitij As of today we can customise tabs in KC bot using tab settings like here, if the question is above creating a new tab for KC bot other than the ones available , It’s not possible. 

@dileepnalla , Please correct me if I am wrong.

Hi @Sruthimalla. Thank you for letting me know. Also wanted to understand if this is on your roadmap for future development?

Userlevel 6
Badge

@skalle @Chandu @Abhilash_007 - I would love to hear it from our product team :-)

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Kshitij ,

If you could please share your use-case for custom tabs? If grouping of content is the need, then we provide creation of categories to be able to group content together. Most of the customers ask for unifying the tabs instead of adding more. So curious enough to understand the need here.

Thanks,

Abhilash

Hi @aharkut,

I am trying to launch engagements in the form of a survey through the KC bot. I would like to keep the survey links well differentiated from other guide engagements on the Onboarding tab. Other tabs available on the KC bot, such as the feedback or the search tab do not seem like the place to keep the survey links. So if we could create a new custom tab, we could house the survey links in it keeping the sanctity of the other areas intact.

Thanks,

Kshitij

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Kshitij , wouldn’t creating a new category on the Onboarding tab help differentiate the Surveys from Guides?

-Abhilash

Hi @aharkut I have done exactly that, but was curious if creating a new tab was also possible. Having said that, there is a use case where the increasing number of guide engagements would push down the survey to a point that the user would have to scroll, thus creating a tendency to miss/overlook the survey.