Sync attachments from Timeline to SF

Related products: CS Timeline

Love the new attachments feature in Timline. Unfortunately our whole Sales team does not have access to Gainsight and CSMs attach all their materials in timline. It would be great to be able to autosync attachments from Gainsight into a SF object.
agree...would be great if the attachment was accessible from the Activity History or at least Notes & Attachments
We're excited that you are digging Timeline. We think it's pretty cool too. :)

Not sure if you knew or not, but with the v5.9 release that dropped this week you can now view and create Timeline entries via the limited use widgets (for account and opportunity SFDC pages). https://support.gainsight.com/Release_Notes/2017/Release_Notes_Version_5.9_September_2017-Incrementa...

This gives an option to fully collaborate on Timeline records without needing a full Gainsight license. 

One other thing to consider with sync'ing back to SFDC - many organizations face concerns with storage limits in SFDC. Timeline attachments in Gainsight don't count against your SFDC storage limits, which if they were copied over, could start to present a problem. Just food for thought.
Hi,

We are planning to give a configuration to choose if you want to sync timeline attachments in SFDC or not. This is required as not all customers would want to sync attachments to SDFC because of storage limits, as mentioned by Dan.

Thanks,

Nitisha
thanks. Can I also request to be able to attach .mp4 files? We record our calls sometimes and would be great to be able to attach those
Hi Berin,

One thing to keep in mind with attaching call recordings is that the file size limit for attachments is 5MB. In cases where you have a larger attachment it's advised to store the large file using an online service like Box or Google Drive and insert the link to that file in the notes.
Hi Berin, Good News, now we have increased attaching limit to 30 MB. This is coming in Fall Release 🙂. 

Sync attachments from Timeline to SF is still on the road map. Currently we only sync the mappings provided at Activity Sync page
Wanted to add to this too.  Would be great to have this especially for things like EBR decks.  Ideally, since we're already syncing the activity to a SF Task, would be great for the attachment to go there.  If I could be picky, I would like to be able to specify which activity types I want attachments to sync from.  Since our Sales team also doesn't have GS access, we're currently having our CSMs attach via Chatter, and then, they are also attaching in Timeline so that they can easily search it.  We're duplicating work, so would love to have the Timeline attachments go so we can remove the Chatter step altogether.
Any update on syncing attachments? As Heather points out, this would be really useful for ensure wider visibility for things like EBR decks.
I believe we are scheduled to have this winter release....need product to confirm. 
That would be tremendous! We're look forward to it as it would provide a great deal of more collaboration on behalf of the customer.
Any ETA on this?