Share timeline activity details via Share360

Related products: None

I have a customer that would like to have the ability to share timeline activity details from the Objective section in Success Plans with their customers via Shared 360. This way they can have their customers easily access information on the different events and updates that happens in their Business Objective. Currently we only have Customers, Call to action , Case, Opportunity and Project tabs shown.

Hi Cameron, one thought on this request is that Timeline does not currently have a tag to indicate if the activity is "internal only" or "customer facing". Without this filter, it would be potentially dangerous to share timeline activities with a customer as this could include internal discussions around account strategy, risk management, etc.

Our team is also asking for a note-taking mechanism in Share360. Our use case is around using the Share360 in calls with customers. The team would like to be able to take notes on their discussion with clients directly in the Share360. 

I understand the concern about exposing internal notes to customers, but what would prevent us from adding an “internal only” or “customer facing” flag to timeline?

Alternatively, would there be a way to simply expose a blank timeline entry that would sync back to the C360 timeline?

@dan_ahrens and @cameron_wright - I wanted to provide an update that we found a workaround for exposing certain timeline activity types in Share360. I built a report filtered to just the activity types we want to expose externally, and trained the team to only use this note type for the external use case. 

However, because we are pulling the timeline activities in from the notes field in a timeline report, we lose rich text formatting, making this solution less than ideal.

I appreciate any additional workarounds you might suggest, or further considerations for product enhancement. 

Thank you!

@dan_ahrens and @cameron_wright - I wanted to provide an update that we found a workaround for exposing certain timeline activity types in Share360. I built a report filtered to just the activity types we want to expose externally, and trained the team to only use this note type for the external use case. 

However, because we are pulling the timeline activities in from the notes field in a timeline report, we lose rich text formatting, making this solution less than ideal.

I appreciate any additional workarounds you might suggest, or further considerations for product enhancement. 

Thank you!

Gah, I see! I don’t know of any other way honestly.