5.6 CTA Timeline View should show the all activity not just ones towards the CTA.

Related products: None

I am playing with Timeline in CTA detail view and I noticed that the Timeline section doesn't show all activity of an account, only for the CTA itself.

Creating a timeline within CTA will add on the C360 Timeline, but again not on CTA. It would be a good idea if C360 Timeline is shown fully in the CTA.

Reason why is in our docs with C360 Timeline we give this.

"When Executive Sponsors or Leaders meet with a customer, they can review the Timeline to understand the customer’s history and context."

Doing what the CTA Timeline view does now takes that away, and a user has to go back to the C360 Timeline to see the full thing.
I also agree with this.

If the concern is that publishing the entire timeline for the account would make the activities on the CTA too noisy, then could we provide a checkbox option that lets the user decide if they want to see the entire timeline or just the CTA timeline?

I'm also a bit concerned that we are creating multiple timlines. This can get confusing. 
Dan mentioned this too (point #3): https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/timeline-in-cockpit-a-few-issues
I don't have access to that one : /
I'm for a check box because I do think it could be really noisy to have everything in timeline right there when potentially all i'm trying to do is take notes related to that one CTA.  I also don't want to do anything that makes Cockpit/CTAs slow down from a performance perspective so even if the check box gave you a shorter time frame I'd b OK with that too.
Maybe loading the whole thing might cause performance issues, but maybe loading the first 10 activities is not that bad.
Kevin, you should be able to see Dan's post now. I added you to all of the internal categories, including the one called Internal - Gong feedback (for the period between a Gong release and customer release).
I see it now!
I am not excited by this proposal.  The purpose of the data in the CTA is to provide context for it. In this case, the CTA Timeline shows what has happened in the CTA.  Your same argument would suggest that we make the whole 360 page available in the CTA. [To be clear, we are interested in including certain charts in a CTA, but they would need to be related to the CTA, not other stuff.]   FWIW, my own experience with Chatter in the CTA is super frustrating because you can't see stuff about the CTA, usually a bunch of unrelated stuff.   I am not saying that it isn't worthwhile to have a broader timeline easily available, but this would break the CTA concept, in my view.  
I can see your perspective, Karl. I guess my question would be how often are there a series (2 or more) of notes worthy of a timeline entry on a single CTA? Maybe on a success plan, but a standard CTA might be more transactional. I could see this on some types of CTA perhaps, like a renewal or escalated risk maybe. 

One of the reasons I am thinking a toggle between "show all" and "show CTA only" is that sometimes when working a CTA having the customer history at your fingertips can be helpful. As it works now, chatter (although cumbersome at times) does provide the history on the account.

If we don't allow the full customer timeline anywhere in the CTA view, then we have to click away from the task focus to get history and then come back. 
Karl knows this too - when we do a product risk meeting every week, here is the process I go through in Cockpit to *narrow down to the actual CTA specific details*.  I open the detail view, highlight the specific hash tag, filter down to only that CTA hash and review the history.  Really important, I think, to provide a place specific to a CTA history.  In the C360, you can see the full timeline - maybe we make an option but don't want to lose the CTA specific ones!
Great discussion! I love seeing all the different use cases!
This is spot on Dan.  Anytime a user has to click away from Cockpit, we lose a chance to make it sticky.  I hear this over and over again with Mars / Mercury customers.
I think giving customers the option to present the whole C360 history vs. just that CTA's timeline history is the right solution. I definitely understand your and Karl's concerns, but enough customers want to view the whole history to make that option worthwhile - at least in my view.
Agree with Dan -- good discussion.  FYI - I have several customers who want/need the CTA specific timeline on the CTA (versus everything).  They have reasons similar to what Denise described above so it we were to make changes to try to please everyone then both options would need to be available.