Solved

"Do Not Contact" list in Journey Orchestrator

• 21 September 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
Good Afternoon-

I know I saw this last week but I cannot find the feature:

We are working with Outreaches in Journey Orchestrator and we want to upload a .csv of domains on our "Do Not Contact" list as a filter that is run before each send for a specific Outreach.

Where can I find this functionality?  I am still looking through Journey Orchestrator in 'Outreaches', 'Powerlists' and 'Templates' to no avail.

Thanks!

-Jim
icon

Best answer by john_apple 24 September 2018, 18:48

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
I think you would have to add criteria to filter email "does not contain" if it you wanted to exclude a domain. However, if you have a lot of domains to exclude - you would probably need to get a CSV file of all emails to upload to the Program as an exclusion. You could make a powerlist that looks for just emails that contain those domains, download results and save as CSV and then upload to exclusions for Programs. Might take some work if you have a lot of domains.
Userlevel 3
Badge
Thanks John. 

We're sending via Outreaches, not Programs.  Are Exclusion Lists available via Outreaches?

Thanks

-Jim
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
No - it would have to be part of the Powerlist filters, or download the Powerlist results as-is and manually edit in Excel to exclude email addresses and then upload the edited version back as CSV to a new Powerlist.

If you had some sort of opt-out or do not contact field on the contact or account record, that would make filtering a lot easier in this case.