Also have the ability for a Timeline entry created in the CTA to be editable in the 360 Timeline

Related products: None

We are very excited to have the option to add a timeline activity from a CTA!  I noticed that activities created in a CTA are NOT editable in the 360 timeline, rather you can only edit by going back to the CTA.  It would be great if activities could be updated from both locations.
Hi Tracy,

This is definitely in our roadmap and will be available in short-term.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Great idea, Tracy! 

Nitisha, going along with this idea, I have a customer who requested what I think is a really good request, which is to be able to link to the CTA from Timeline. Or at the very least, be able to show the CTA name and potentially other relevant CTA attributes in that Timeline view. 

As of right now, if you create a timeline activity in a CTA, and then navigate to Timeline to see those notes, all the notes say is that it's associated with a CTA. It doesn't say anything about the CTA at all (see screenshots below from my dev org). It would be nice to give Admins the ability to configure this. 

Great idea, Spencer. We will try to implement it soon.
+1 for this idea! I just did a demo for one of my LOBs and saw this issue. The less clicks, the better for our CSMs and Leadership.  
Additionally, I would like to sync my activities with salesforce. However, the activity in salesforce doesn't indicate anything about the CTA it was created from. It would be good to be able to map fields from the CTA into fields in the activity as we do with CSM Activity Type.
The ability to edit the timeline notes in both the CTA and Timeline appears to have not been included in the latest release. Any thoughts on timing? 
Hi Samantha,

We are facing some technical issues in solving this problem but we are working on it. I cannot give an exact ETA but it will be short term. I will give more updates as we move ahead in the release cycle.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Is there anyway to edit the Type of CTA created from the timeline? We are trying to avoid double work by creating Escalation/Risk type CTA's in the timeline but it logs them as Type Activity and we aren't able to change this.
Hi Sam,

Yes, while creating a CTA from Timeline it picks the default CTA type which is present in Admin,

By default the type selected is Activity.

Select appropriate CTA type for each Entity, if there's no default value at entity level it will pick up from Global.

Regards,

Hitesh