Todays Date in Bionic Rule Formula

Related products: None

This is a similar post to a previous one I had (https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/date-fields-in-bionic-rule-formula) but a little different. It would be nice if we could add a 'TODAY()' function in bionic formulas. I would like to dynamically add rule date/today's date into a bionic export. The other option is to copy it to a table, then export it from there and put 'rule date' into the action. It would be much more convenient to do it in the same rule.
+100 on this. Especially now that we have the date comparison capability, enabling the TODAY() function is pretty important.
This is definitely a common ask - my workaround used to be to add an SFDC formula field to CustomerInfo and pick it up from there.

Inefficient, and can impact important friendships with salesforce admins.  So yep, I've added my vote!

Also, please note below post on public side - I'll add a quick response there that it's being discussed on internal boards and under consideration.

https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/formula-field-in-rule-engine-to-add-current-date?ut...
Hi Joseph,

This is definitely on the list of formula functions in Rules engine road map. I will keep you updated on the timelines for the same.

Thank you,

Jitin
Hi Jitin - just want to confirm that although the current date functions allow you to use the Rule Date as an argument, we still can't use the function to just give us the Rule Date, correct?  

Wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything - hopefully that's an easy pebble to add soon since we've already made the rule date available to other Date functions in Bionic - let us know- thanks!

scott
Hi Scott,

You are right. We do not have a way to use any function to just give the rule date. That is one of the formula's on our To do list. I will keep you posted on the same.

Thanks,

Jitin
Big time +1 to this. Running into this issue now with a customer.
Current workaround - add a field called Todays Date to Company and schedule a rule to run each day after midnight, and after Gainsight Connect runs, that loads the rule date to the field.  

It's not pretty, but it'll work.

Also note - if you have the luxury of being able to add a formula field to SFDC Customer Info object, that gets the job done more easily (sometimes not an option, at least not quickly, with Enterprise SFDCs)
This came up today with a customer. Any timeframe on when we could use TODAY in MDA formula fields?
Today() and RuleDate() formulae are definitely on our "To Do" list. Although exact timeframe is not known yet, I will update you once the timelines are finalized. 

Hello Everyone!

The Add/Subtract Date Formula field in the Date Formulas of Transformation Tasks now accepts dynamic fields. Previously, this field accepted only static numeric values as input. With this v6.16 release, the number of days you add to or subtract from a date dynamically changes with the value of the selected field. 

Also, Gainsight introduces new Number Formulas to the Formula Fields in Rules Engine. These enable you to perform powerful calculations in your Transformation Tasks while setting up a rule. 

This feature is implemented in both SFDC & NXT versions.

Thanks for posting!