Solved

Email templates removing special characters

Badge
Hi all,

Not sure if this is a user error or something isn't working within Gainsight- our CSMs have noticed that when sending emails via email assist, the special characters (even apostraphes) are getting removed, and sacing is very off from the original template. When I drafted the original template, and tested, all was well. No other edits have been made, and we're not sure what may have caused this.

As a note, when originally creating these templates, we did not copy paste the email, and created it within the tool.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by sai_ram 30 July 2019, 11:45

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
In the interim you can go back into the template and hard code all special characters, but it's odd to see this happening with apostrophes.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
We are having the same issue but it is also happening in the email template creator. We include an apostrophe, save, then send a test, and it is delivered without the apostrophe and then if we refresh the page the apostrophe is no longer saved in the template. Our CSMs are also experiencing issues with spaces being removed from their sentences when trying to send emails from email assist.

Badge
Hi all, need to report back that this is a bug within Gainsight, and support told me they are working on a fix.
We have the same issue, too.

Does anyone have the idea to avoid using Email templates of Journey Orchestrator?

We have to stop contact to our customers with Emails.

we are also experiencing this issue

Hi @jasminebondc @kelly @colleen_fleming @miguel_rodriguez

I confirmed this issue has been resolved after Gainsight 6.4 had been released in our org.

we started to use Journey Orchestrator again.

Why don't you check your org?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi All, this is fixed and pushed to release. Please let us know if you still see any issues here.

Happy posting!