search for account by SFDC field in CTA from cockpit

Related products: None

We uise a SFDC field called Context ID as a way to identify accounts. When logged a Timeline draft we can type in the context ID and associate the activity with an account. However, when we create a new CTA from the Cockpit, we can only search by account name.

CSMs prefer to work out of cockpit to add all of the pieces of work they will complete.

Work-around explored:

1. Create the CTA from the c360

1. This is inefficient for CSMs who want to add multiple CTAs for multiple accounts in 1 place

2. Search by account name

1. Many of our accounts have similar names and this is also inefficient

Request: Please add the same account search feature we use for Timeline Drafts to creating new CTAs.

Hi Angela,

Let me know if I understand correctly. CSM's need to create CTA's and its difficult today to tag them to the right account (since multiple account have the same name)...when searching for an account you need to be able to see more account details (eg. context id) to identify the right account. Is my understanding correct?

Yes, many accounts have the same or very similar names, some clients have 100 or more different account. We use the SFDC field context ID to identify the correct account across Gainsight. CSMs want to ability to search for and view this data when creating a CTA from the Cockpit. This functionality does exist within the Timeline Draft account association field. Let me know if you have any questions.

@andor_fuhrer anything you would add here?

Hi Angela,

In NXT we allow adding additionl search parameter for accounts when creating a CTA (simile to the global search that you see on the top)

Would that solve your use-case?

@All, Happy to say that your request is resolved.

Using Filter options, admins can now define the filter criteria on the fields added to the Search Fields section, using the fields with a lookup to the Company object.

Previously, admins couldn’t set the desired filter criteria on the search fields, and because of this, users had a difficult time identifying the correct record. With this enhancement, Filter options are introduced in the CTA Detail View configuration screen, for Admins to add additional filter criteria using the lookup fields.

To use this enhancement:

Navigate to Admin > Call to Action (CTA) > Detail View Layout Configuration.

Click the Gear icon of the lookup field you want to set the filter criteria.

In the Filters section, click + FILTER to add search filters, as required.

Select the desired field from the Select a Field dropdown list, and define the Value based on your business requirements.

Click SAVE.

Please refer this article for more information!

Happy Posting!