Connect CTAs to Gainsight Assist

Related products: None

Would it be possible to tie Outlook emails to specific CTA’s? I would like to be able to log email tasks directly into Gainsight as a CTA. Alternatively, it appears that Timeline items are not connecting to CTA’s. I have tried to log the email request in Timeline and then tie it to a specific CTA, but to no avail. 

Hello @Kayleen.lillard 
This is part of roadmap, i will keep you posted about the updates about this.

@chethana any updates on this request? Our CSMs utilize Gainsight Assist Gmail plug in frequently and love the feature, but as we leverage CTAs more it would be very useful if the logged emails from GS Assist in Gmail could tie back to a CTA to appear in the CTA timeline.

Hello @sarahmiracle 

We are still picked this up. we have this in our radar for medium term roadmap.

Yes, please implement this! Having to Copy-Paste an email to a timeline entry manually is a big time sink, when you already have an Outlook plugin. I wouldn’t even care if all I could do is search for a CTA in Gainsight Assist, attach the email, then have to go in and make any needed changes.

This would be really important for us as well.  Thank you. 

This would be helpful for our team! Are there any updates on where this sits on the roadmap?

@manu_mittal would you be able to share an update here?

My team is also requesting this, so I wanted to check in to see if there was an update?

+@arunabhat 

This is currently not on the roadmap for FY24 but will add this to the backlog and do an initial assessment. We will be able to pick it up when other organization level priorities are straightened out. Appreciate your patience! 

cc @anirbandutta 

So this went from “on the roadmap” to, this is in the backlog.  Gainsight Team, this is a big deal for our teams that need to show accountability at the CTA level.  Even if you could allow us to link the email to the CTA after sending that would be better than not having the option at all.  Please prioritize this request!   

This is currently not on the roadmap for FY24 but will add this to the backlog and do an initial assessment. We will be able to pick it up when other organization level priorities are straightened out. Appreciate your patience! 

cc @anirbandutta 

I was specifically told by someone in Gainsight’s product team that this would be implemented in the Q2 2022 release, and now you’re saying it isn’t even on the 2024 roadmap? I will be recommending our team look for another solution. This is a basic functionality that Gainsight apparently has no urgency getting done.

We are currently using ‘Associated Records’ as a workaround:

1. Use the Email Assist to log the email into the Relationship Timeline.
  2. Go the Relationship Timeline entry, click on ‘Edit’ and use ‘Associated Records’ to link the entry to a specific Call To Action.

Unfortunately, this is a 2-step process that takes away a lot of time from the CSMs, as they need to update multiple CTAs on a daily basis.

It would be incredibly useful to be able to log the email to a specific Call To Action directly from the Email Assist, without the need to log into Gainsight afterwards and edit the entry. 

@arunabhat  looking forward to an update about the roadmap slot! Thank you. 

Rossiv, where is that on the timeline entry edit? I’m not seeing an “Associated Records” dropdown.

Rossiv, where is that on the timeline entry edit? I’m not seeing an “Associated Records” dropdown.

Hi Robert,

It needs to be configured... I’m just a humble Associate Admin, so I was not the one doing the configuration on our side (😄) but it is possible. I’m sure you can reach out to your CSM and ask for support.

When I get an email that is related to an account, there are four possible buckets it can fall into:

1. There is no next action, and I don’t need to save it in any kind of customer record → Archive it/ Delete it.
  2. There is no next action, but it should be filed away for future reference → Save Email to Timeline
  3. There is a next action required → Turn it into a CTA (to record the next action).
  4. It’s related to an existing task (CTA) → Record it to the existing CTA.

Today, Gainsight email assist accomplished #2 well. If I just need to log an email as an FYI or for future reference, that is easy.

In my experience, the more frequent use case(s) for a CSM are items 3 and 4, where you’re just trying to be efficient and keep you task list up-to-date. There is a fully functional work around to that: The 3-step process described previously (i.e. log the email to timeline, go into Gainsight, create a CTA , then link them together.

That’s cumbersome though! Adding additional functionality around turning these two key workflows into 1-step experiences would reduce the time spent between my Inbox and Cockpit by 50-66%.  Asana does this really well in their email plug-in, which is a game changer in terms of getting out of your inbox and into an external cockpit.

Team,

Any update on this ? when we can expect the realeas?

Regards

Raju

This is really needed and would be super helpful, user-friendly and efficient. What does midterm-roadmap means? (Below you can see a similar request opened 7 years ago) I can see other useful requests opened 6 years ago and they are still only in status “acknowledged”. And please check your ideas and consolidate them. Those are similar, the same or could/should be implemented together: 

Thank you @mbellusc 

Tagging @mpatra for updates on this idea, and the related one 

Checking in on this idea to see if there are any updates?