Admin Training Corner Series – Cockpit & Playbooks

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hello Admins! I’m waking up to another beautifully sunny 🌞 day and excited to talk about our next topic! 🎉

As we move along our journey as admins to understand the responsibility of our role, it’s important to also understand what our end users need.  We need to see through the lens of our CSMs (and others) to understand how our decisions impact their effectiveness and efficiency.  Gainsight has so much functionality to help support the CSM role, but the single most useful feature for them is Cockpit. 

Imagine waking up and having a dozen tasks that need to be completed by end of day, but you haven’t organized them and… can’t even remember them all.  

Terrifying, right?  Cockpit is the workspace that lets CSMs track and organize the (many) individual tasks they need to complete for all their customers.  Even better, as admins, we utilize rules to help identify customer events that require a touchpoint (upcoming renewal, health score drop, survey response, etc).  And to really add value, we drop in a playbook that provides step-by-step guidance for that touchpoint!

To get started, you can check out the Cockpit and Playbooks training and the Practice Exercises here.  But once you start building CTAs and Playbooks, you’ll discover more functionality can be layered in to boost efficiency for the team.  One of my favorites is utilizing email templates.  But you may also want to look at some other cool stuff like: Closing CTAs with Rules, use Mass Edit to update CTAs or tasks, or configuring Linked Objects to bring more detail into the CTA (ie. Connecting the support ticket record detail that triggered the Support Ticket CTA).

I’d love to know your favorite 💙 feature of Cockpit or Playbooks? 

Drop some feedback here! 

Have a great week!

0 replies

Be the first to reply!