Data Designer run result notifications

Related products: None

In the configure section, there is no place to indicate if you want to receive an email notification on success or failure.  I have been seeing success emails every time the rule runs.  I just had my first set of rule failures and was surprised there was no email notification.  The only way I knew was I needed to add a field, or I suppose at some point I might have noticed the lack of successful run email notifications.  It is more important to know about failures than successes.  My recommendation is to set this up like the rule scheduler, where the user can decide which if any notifications they want to receive.  An MVP would be to change this to default to notify the creator of failures by email.

We do send failure email notifications as well - as you said, its more important to send failure emails than success emails. By default, all notifications go to the creator. It is surprising that you did not receive the email. cc: @sai_ram 

The current plan indeed is to make it like Rules notifications.

@angela_domenichelli The expected behavior is not working for you, sorry for the inconvenience.  I am redirecting this to the support team(#95908).

@rakesh Thanks for your inputs. 

Hi Angela, I went ahead and set this to implemented, since the functionality is available in the product. It looks like your post was sent to Support for investigation back in Jan. since things weren’t working as expected for you. 

Well, I’m trying to set it to implemented, but it’s not saving! :sweat_smile:  I’ll have to check with our community vendor as to why the status change isn’t saving.